Hines Ward and Petra Nemcova delivered the night's top performances on Dancing With the Stars, registering totals of 25 each with their respective partners.
One of the last routines of the evening got the most attention, though, and not for reasons the couple likely expected - or hoped for - coming into Monday.
A fall to start the rumba looked to leave one of the more popular pairs in serious danger of continuing the routine, let alone sticking around another week.
So who went down hard, yet managed to recover in time to earn a respectable 21?
Which pro gutted it out through obvious pain, and took all the blame for the spill?
Follow the jump to find out, and watch a clip of the (briefly) scary moment ...It appeared that Maksim Chmerkovskiy's leg gave out and he tumbled while holding Kirstie Alley, who also went down. Despite the pain, Maks carried on.
Monday was also personal story night on DWTS, with Kirstie and Maks dancing to "Over the Rainbow." Turns out this gave her quite the story to tell ...
"My thigh just gave out. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry," said Maks, who insisted that this "has nothing to do with her." The judges gave them a lot of credit.
"Sometimes tragedy leads to an amazingly beautiful moment," Carrie Ann Inaba said, noting that after the pair's fall, "something magical happened."
Certainly good enough for a solid total. Now go grab some ice, Max.
Here were the scores on Dancing With the Stars' Week Three ...
- Hines Ward and Kym Johnson: 9-8-8 (25).
- Petra Nemcova and Dmitry Chaplin: 8-9-8 (25).
- Kendra Wilkinson and Louis Van Amstel: 8-7-8 (23).
- Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas: 8-7-8 (23).
- Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 7-7-7 (21).
- Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff: 7-7-7 (21).
- Chris Jericho and Cheryl Burke: 7-7-7 (21).
- Romeo and Chelsie Hightower: 7-6-7 (20).
- Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunskaya: 7-6-7 (20).
- Wendy Williams and Tony Dovolani: 5-5-5 (15).
Who do you think is packing his or her bags this week?
Want more Dancing With the Stars?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!