As irritating as it is to watch Zoe ping pong between Wade and George, her frustration over what happened was hilarious to watch on the Hart of Dixie Season 2 finale. At least at first.
In "On the Road Again," Zoe woke up hopeful that she didn't sleep with Wade... only to be disappointed when he walked out of the bathroom in only a towel. And then to make matters worse, George walked in on them. Seriously, her romantic life is a comedy of awkward situations. At this point, is it possible for her to be happy with either George or Wade? I'm not sure. And I blame the writers for that.
Zoe's actions these past few weeks haven't felt true to character at all. She's selfish, indecisive and was hurt by Wade, but her declarations to George and the night with Wade didn't make sense. And even though George walking in on Zoe and Wade was hilarious, he wouldn't just charge into her bedroom. He's too much of a gentleman for that. Though, I'll forgive the writers for that one, because his reaction was perfect.
Wade: Hi, Tucker.
George: No. No. No. This is -- This is unbelievable. This is freaking unbelievable. | permalink
When Zoe went to see George, he was right to push her away, even if he was wrong about her feelings for Wade. It was a nice reminder that George and Zoe have NEVER even been on a date. They have way too much romantic angst given their lack of ever having a romantic relationship. However, they did spend quality time together before he broke off his engagement to Lemon.
At this point, I don't think Zoe really knows how she feels. She was happy with Wade, but he cheated on her. I'm not sure she should ever forgive him for that. Though his speech about her seeing the good in him when he couldn't rang true. When she saw value in him, he began to see it in himself and he changed his outlook on life for the better. He's a different person now. When he lost her, he learned from his mistake. Plus, he has achieved his dream of owning a bar, which has given him confidence he was lacking before.
Zoe's decision to go to New York for the wedding on her own was the first smart move she's made in a while. The distance should give her some perspective on what she wants in life and who she loves. The surprise appearance of Jonah may put a wrinkle in her plan as he has feelings for her too and he convinced her to stay in New York for the summer. Will she decide that she likes the city life too much to go back to Bluebell? Or will she miss the small town life?
Three months can be a short or long amount of time to be away. When she gets back to Bluebell, will Wade and/or George still be pining for her? Either way, I hope the back and forth between the two men is finally over. And, no, that doesn't mean that one of them should be replaced with Jonah. While Zoe is in New York, she should have a summer fling and then return to Bluebell with a free heart. Or she should be ready to make a grand gesture to win the heart of either George or Wade.
Of course, perhaps George will show up in New York with Lily Anne's band. Outside of the watchful eyes in Bluebell and in their comfort zone of New York, perhaps Zoe and George could go on a real date and give their love a chance.
Odds and Ends
- The abduction and retrieval of Burt Reynolds was ridiculous. Sometimes the Bluebell antics are nonsensical and make the residents look like brainless idiots. This was one of those times. I will now forever block the memory of that storyline from my mind.
- Lemon lost her leadership role in the Belles to Cricket due to her new responsibilities at the Rammer Jammer. Can't wait to see how that plays out in season 3.
- No one in Bluebell would ever say that a band is playing in town without actually booking them, right? Seriously, do the writers have a wheel and spin it to re-use storylines? The roadtrip to get the Gloriana's to play provided some nice Lemon-Wade bonding and banter.
- Favorite moment: Dash's conversation about the "long awaited debut of Zeorge" and that Goe didn't work. And, is there "still hope for Zade fans out there?" A little meta, but hilarious regardless.
- And, then even Lemon got in on the Zeorge stuff!
- Lemon: Oh, this is about George Tucker. Because he broke up with Tansy and you think Zeorge is inevitable. No, you don't? Why not? He's finally single. She's single. Why wouldn't they? Oh my God. You slept with Zoe Hart.
Wade: Who are you? | permalink
Want more Hart of Dixie?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!