I look forward to the day when we can just forget that Dair ever existed, and focus on the more enjoyable aspects of this show- i.e., all of them.
Otherwise, so-so interview. I do like the callback to Chuck and Nate's convo from the pilot. And I'm mildly interested in Serena's new relationship, mostly because she finally has someone in her life who really cares about her and who (hopefully) won't judge her. Overall, though, I'm in this for Chuck and Blair.
I would've commented sooner, but I was too busy watching the clip repeatedly and squeeing to myself.
5. Departed character: Obviously, Carter Baizen. But since that will never, ever happen, I wouldn't mind seeing Jenny or Vanessa again- mostly because either of them could potentially smack some sense back into Dan. I also really hope we get to see Uncle Jack one more time- my dream of a Chuck/Jack/Bart scene remains alive!
6. Favorite episodes: Agree with most of Leigh's choices. I would say 1x07, 1x08, 1x10, 2x01, 2x03, and 2x13. For later seasons (which are judged by different standards, for obvious reasons): 3x12, 4x09, and 5x22.
7. Ideal endgame: Steve's scenario sounds pretty perfect to me (and yes, I would be the first one to take to the street with a pitchfork if Chuck and Blair didn't get their happy ending). I'd love to see a flashforward with a couple of impeccably dressed, adorably bratty little mini-CBs as well... because you just know any children they produce will be 1) unfairly good-looking and 2) absolute terrors.
Oh, I totally forgot the apology scene from 5x06. That was one of the top two moments of the season, IMO.
Does "when it was over" count as a moment?
Seriously though, I guess Chuck and Blair's kiss in the back of the towncar in 5x10. Just poignant and beautiful and heartbreaking, especially since we pretty much all knew what was coming. Second favorite moment was when the two of them were scouting out the whore house for places to supposedly have sex in- that was really reminiscent of the good ol' days.
1. Season 6 promos so far: Awwwww yeah. It's about godd*mn time, show, I've been awaiting another CB boinkfest for almost two years now. But alas, agreed on some of the seriously poor hairstyling decisions. It's almost like we're being haunted by the ghost of Jenny Humphrey.
2. Nate unmasking GG: Unless it's Kristen Bell (or Eric VdW), I can't say I particularly care who GG is, but I'd like to see Nate succeed at something besides banging guest stars.
3. Dan succeeding at destroying the UES: I think he'll fail, and then succeed, but regret succeeding, and then end up remembering that time when he actually wasn't a giant douche, and make nice with everyone by the end.
4. Serena going off the rails: Will probably last about as long as it takes Matt Camden to rescue her, so... approximately 5 minutes of show time. Which is nice, I guess, that she won't be a total coked up mess when she finally faces Blair and Dan again.
LOL, I love your description of it. "Chuck ransacking Blair like there's no tomorrow", indeed.
The "do that again" better not be a fake-out, because Imma need to see some more of that this season. Preferably in the back of a limo.
I think this is great news for Chuck and Blair too- that they're spending some time working on themselves and their relationship, instead of jumping right back into it. And I'm glad we're not going to miss all the buildup and the official reunion :)
(I still think they're going to be secretly together by the end of 6x01 though)
Actually really looking forward to S6! I'm sure the GGWriters will make me regret that, haha, but we only have 11 episodes of Chair left, and I'm determined to enjoy each and every one of them. Can't wait to see Chuck, Blair and Jack team up to take down Bart, that should be pretty epic. Hopefully it doesn't involve any more entrapping people with hookers, though, I think they've pretty much beaten that horse dead.
I'm also hoping that focusing on "core characters" means NO NEW GUEST STARS. We don't need to waste time on Nate's new cougar or anyone's long-lost relatives.
I also think Dan cheating on Blair is irrelevant to how their relationship ends, because I think she was going to dump him anyway. But she could still get really pissed at Serena for it (which would be hypocritical in the extreme, but... so is Blair.)
© 2014 TV Fanatic