Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
Right. Already I have notice some things which dont seem to make sense.
I am in no way disrespecting the show with this topic, just thought we could have a thread where plotholes or unusual-ties could be aired, and picked through. they may even be sorted in the show at a later date....
1. In the last episode (07) HRG says that he does not know what sylar looks like. Yet in S3, in a episode HRG and Ellie are staking him out, and make him kill the dude who can blast stuff with his fingers.
Isnt that episode in a time before Hiro goes to Texas to first visit Charlie? In the episode from S3 HRG gets into the taxi with Mohinder around the same time as they make sylar kill, so wouldnt he know what sylar looks like?? might be wrong....
2. Future Peter's scar?? he has that in most/if not all of the future scene's.
4. claires blood. why didnt she/doesnt she heal nathan?
5. Future peter's death in S3. how could he have been shot and died if he had the regenerative power? the haitian was there, but even so...wouldnt future peter have healed once the haitian stopped blocking his powers? claire came back to life once the stick was removed from her neck. I know the haitian was blocking arthur's powers, but didnt he die because sylar knew where the stop was to kill him permanantly??
6. Nathan coming back from the dead in S3. he is shot by future peter, pronounced dead by the doctor's, then future peter goes in to see him, and suddenly he comes back to life????
7. where has the formula gone? the paper with the formula on, where did it end up? who has it now?
8. the catalyst. where did it come from? what was it? and is it possible that someone else could have another one?
also, i mentioned a theory about peter gaining the abilities he has had since he got the the transfer empath power, on a permanant basis. I said that maybe the future peter we saw getting killed in S3 was an accurate storyline for the present peter (at least with his power situation). i pointed to the fact that the future peter displayed certain powers present peter has gained recently.
but, at the start of S3 future peter was running from someone, and entered a building to be confronted by future claire. he wasnt running particularly fast:) my theory takes a hit!
HRG was lying to Isaac in the most recent episode. Also, it was Lindeman who healed Nathan somehow. I would like to know where the formula went too and a better story about the catalyst would have been nice
sorry to contradict you nick, but linderman was dead at the point nathan came back to life. the linderman nathan later saw was parkman's dad manipulating him on behalf of arthur petrelli.
but good shout about HRG lying to isaac.
i have noticed alot of plot holes too, but i just fill them in with my mind, and occasionally on my blog
oh that's right! sorry I forgot....hmmm maybe it was God then
1. Back then he knew Sylar as Gabrielle Gray. But they were after a guy called Sylar. Noah didn't realize they were the same guy until they caught him after homecoming.
2. The scar is coming.
3. Caitlin? Erased from history. Whats annoying is how Peter doesn't even mourn her.
4. Claire doesn't know Nathan is dead. and maybe her blood just heals from a near-death state, not from complete death.
5. Maybe the Haitian impaled Peter through the spot in his head after he'd been shot.
6. Nathan's power is to defy death at the end of every season. Other than that, this one has me stumped.
7. Formula was destroyed in the Pinehearst fire, but maybe some vials remain. I like to think the carnie Caleb broke in and stole a vial of Mohinder's tacky formula and thats why he got his spider legs.
8. I think the catalyst is probably the product of someones power. Ando has shown that people can have power over various energies unknown to modern science, so maybe it happened in the old Company days too.
No question there are a lot of plot holes. I sometimes get the impression the writers want to try something out, but are willing to just move on and forget it if it doesn't work. The "catalyst" is a good example of this. I think these plot holes are also a symptom of the number of writers who work on any given show. This format works in a non-serial show, but runs into challegnes like this when the show is, or should be, contingent on what happened in past episodes. Heroes has often been compared to comic books, and they run into this same problem. Certain writers take characters into a certain story arc, and can play fast and loose with tidbits from history. There are a few guidelines they have to follow (for example, they can't give Batman super powers), but to use a cliche, they don't sweat the small stuff.
If I recall correctly, didn't Peter use his blood to heal Nathan, much in the same way Claire's blood can heal? This future Peter was all-powerful and would have had his regenerative powers. Now, when future Peter was killed by Claire at the beginning of S3, did we ever see the body without the Haitian present? I can't recall if we did. But if the Haitian was always there, Peter would have been unable to heal.
Ravenhill, I agree that Clair doesn't know Nathan is dead -- not too many people do. But her blood has been proven to revive people who are clearly dead. It was used in S2 to bring HRG back to life after Mohinder shot him. What is unclear is at what point has the body been dead for too long before it will work to revive a person? However, I think the healing power of Claire's blood is something they would like to put in the Caitlin file. I'll be surprised if we see her blood used in this way again — otherwise, she would have been the most logical to bring in after Sylar killed Nathan at the end of last season.
Kal15 I like where you are going with this. Logically speaking when HRG was shot and killed by Mohinder Im trying to recall if the blood was given to him Before or After. If it is After then Heroes should not contradict when people say "cant they bring them back to life with Claires blood." The answer is YES and its enough to drive people crazy regardless of the time it was applied.
I also was a little shocked by HRG's comment this season when Claire asked cant you use my blood to save Hiro from his tumor. HRG replies no because its regenerative and would cause the tumor to grow. Umm...Wasnt Claires Blood used through out season 2 to cure a "VIRUS"????? We understand it has healing ablities but her blood also holds power to fight VIRUSES and they would have Definitly killed the cancer cells causing the tumor. I compare Claire to Wolverine because we know that Wolverine can heal but his blood was also used PLENTY of times to heal people from viruses as well.
Regarding the comment of Future Peter healing. He should have healed after the Haitian left. That future Peter DID have full empathy with Multiple powers going on (Peters original ability) compared this Peter (powers one at a time) so the argument "Maybe Future Peter did not have healing abilities" to me is a BS statement because he was the full empath Peter.
Man I cant beleive the Villains Arc caused so much Pain....and all when Arthur Petrelli came into the picture. He couldve been the PERFECT villain but man....sigh*
Nah, Kal15, Future peter didnt use his blood. Nathan just came back to life after future peter had touched him.
Yeah, i like the idea that future peter would heal after the haitian left.
"That future Peter DID have full empathy with Multiple powers going on (Peters original ability) compared this Peter (powers one at a time) so the argument "Maybe Future Peter did not have healing abilities" to me is a BS statement because he was the full empath Peter."
Maj, on the evidence of the show, what we've seen, future peter never displayed the regenerative power. And he had a great dirty scare down his face. I was merely stating that it may be plausable for the futur peter we saw to have the original empath ability anymore. Then, as an explanation i said that he may have had the same fate as the peter we know, but was, at some point, able to recall the powers he held since gaining the new empath power. I also discredited myself by stating that future peter never displayed the speedster power when running at the very beginning of S3. But on the evidence of the show, we both could be talking bullshit:)
For whatever reason, this post was deleted. So, I'll try it again.
On the NBC, in the Heroes video library:
there are "bits" from 1961 at Coyote Sands. In these videos, Dr. Suresh is "on to something" and is talking about a gravitational or magnetic force that exponentially increases when two or more people with abilities are proximate, or near each other. Does this play into Samuel's master plan?? There is also a theme in those clips of heightened seizmic activity...coming from a pregnant woman. When the baby is born, and heard crying, the earthquakes really heighten. Could this be Samuel? Born in Coyote Sands? It kind of explains the a possible connection between Samuel and the Suresh's.
Lastly, with the gravitational/magnetic field convo, there is a clip that shows a compass drawn on Suresh's chalk board. There is also an image of a circle with 4 prong or pillar-like objects on it. Any clue what that could be??
This forum is closed for new posts