Army Wives Season 1 Quotes
Trevor: (the vows he's written) Roxy, sometimes I think I've spent most of my life asleep, not taking any chances or risks.
Roxy: I think jumping out of airplanes is a risk.
Trevor: Ssshh. You're not supposed to interrupt me.
- Permalink: (the vows he's written) Roxy, sometimes I think I've spent most...
(on the air) Okay, so in case you were wondering why it's been so busy on Fort Marshall today, it's because we've gone to FP Con Alpha Plus, and we know 'Alpha' relates to the global threat of terrorism. But...hell, we've been to Alpha Plus here before. We've bought the gas masks, we've stocked up on bottled water. But, there's one thing we can never be prepared for, and that's the fear. How do we handle the fear? My son Lucas once asked me if the 'bad guys' were going to blow us up. How do you answer that? How do you explain terrorism to your kid? How do you explain that at any time, any place, someone could just decide to take us all out? And that's why terrorism works, because we can't explain it, we can't predict it, it can happen any time, anywhere, by anyone. So, all we can do is trust that the military has our backs, and then we let it go. Because the only way to stop the fear is by living. Just living, being with your family, your friends, your community. Look, there is nothing we can do about it - except to seize the day. We live while we can, laugh while we can, love while we can. And that, my friends, is how we beat terrorism. So... Have At It!Pamela
- Permalink: (on the air) Okay, so in case you were wondering why it's been ...
Claudia Joy: UVA doesn't know how lucky they are.
Claudia Joy: Why? Because they're getting the best Political Science major they'll ever have.
Amanda: Mom, don't exaggerate.
Claudia Joy: I'm not. I'm serious. I can see the woman you're going to be. You haven't caught sight of her yet, but she's just around the corner. And I'm damn glad that test was negative.
- Permalink: UVA doesn't know how lucky they are. Why? Why? Because they...
The hardest part about army life is seeing friends come and go.Claudia Joy
- Permalink: The hardest part about army life is seeing friends come and go.
Roxy: Do you remember the trek from Tuscaloosa?
Trevor: How could I forget? TJ threw up on me twice, Finn peed on me, and you broke the dial fighting over the radio station.
Roxy: Good times.
Trevor: Mmm... good times.
- Permalink: Do you remember the trek from Tuscaloosa? How could I forget?...
"To our wives. The essential tools for our success."Gen. Baker
- Permalink: To our wives. The essential tools for our success.
Every mother is an idiot, every one else walks on water.Denise
- Permalink: Every mother is an idiot, every one else walks on water.
That'd be one Hell of a chit!Roxy
- Permalink: That'd be one Hell of a chit!
I am wandering into Marilyn territory.Pamela
- Permalink: I am wandering into Marilyn territory.
Pamela: Who would have thought that I'd be the good girl?
Scott: I did.
- Permalink: Who would have thought that I'd be the good girl? I did.
[to Marta] "You are my mother. I could never not love you, but I can't have you in my life anymore."Roxy
- Permalink: You are my mother. I could never not love you, but I can't hav...
"I choose all of you. Thank you for being my family."Roxy
- Permalink: I choose all of you. Thank you for being my family.
Give me everything you've got, baby doll, or you're gonna be looking at me from the floor.Roxy
- Permalink: Give me everything you've got, baby doll, or you're gonna be lo...
Michael Holden: Claudia Joy Holden, after 17 years of marriage my heart still skips a beat every time I look at you.
Claudia Joy Holden: Michael James Holden, after 17 years of marriage I can't believe that tired old line of yours still works.
- Permalink: Claudia Joy Holden, after 17 years of marriage my heart still s...