Grey's Anatomy Season 4 Episode 4: "The Heart of the Matter" Quotes
Cristina: Oh... great... I'm stuck in the pit taking smack heads and gang bangers with my idiot interns and you're getting McDreamy'd in the elevator.
Meredith: Really, smack heads and gang bangers at Seattle Grace, huh?
Cristina: My point is, I hate interns.
- Permalink: Oh... great... I'm stuck in the pit taking smack heads and gang...
Not-couples have no reason to go away together.Meredith
- Permalink: Not-couples have no reason to go away together.
George: Callie... you haven't said anything and... just say something... please, anything.
Callie: I forgive you.
Callie: You made a mistake, but we took vows, 'til death do we part so...I forgive you.
- Permalink: Callie... you haven't said anything and... just say something.....
Meredith: I'm not ready right now. But things can stay the way they are, and I can get ready. I'll get ready.
Derek: Things can't stay the way they are. We can still meet in the elevator, the on-call room... and maybe you'll get ready. And I'll wait. I'll wait until you're ready.
Meredith: Okay, then...
Derek: Yeah, but what if, what if while I'm waiting, I meet someone who is ready to give me what I want from you?
Meredith: What if you do?
Derek: I don't know...
- Permalink: I'm not ready right now. But things can stay the way they are, ...
Meredith: So, I got Alex to cover for me so I can leave right after I round on my patients. 48 uninterrupted hours!
Derek: Yeah yeah... um... you know, maybe this is not a good weekend.
Meredith: What did Lexie say about me?
Derek: She didn't say anything. I did all the talking. Oh, don't blame her.
Meredith: So what, you're friends with my sister now? I mean, you talked to the other Grey about me?
Derek: You know what I talked about with the other Grey? All the things this Grey won't let me say.
Meredith: You can say anything to me.
- Permalink: So, I got Alex to cover for me so I can leave right after I rou...
Now I know charting doesn't seem as exciting as surgery, but it is as important. Believe me when I tell you, penmanship saves lives! Is that a 7, or is that a 9? If I have to ask myself that in the middle of an emergency, your patient is dead. You killed him. With your handwriting. Think about that!Izzie
- Permalink: Now I know charting doesn't seem as exciting as surgery, but it...
[narrating] Forgive and forget. Thatâ€™s what they say. Itâ€™s good advice, but itâ€™s not very practical. When someone hurts us, we want to hurt them back. When someone wrongs us, we want to be right. Without forgiveness, old scores are never settledâ€¦ old wounds never heal. And the most we can hope for, is that one day weâ€™ll be lucky enough to forget.Meredith
- Permalink: Forgive and forget. Thatâ€™s what they say. Itâ€™s good advice...
[narrating] In life, only one thing is certain, apart from death and taxes. No matter how hard you try, no matter how good your intentions, you are going to make mistakes. Youâ€™re going to hurt people. Youâ€™re going to get hurt. And if you ever want to recover... thereâ€™s really only one thing you can say.Meredith
- Permalink: In life, only one thing is certain, apart from death and taxes...
I want to marry you. I want to have kids with you. I want to build us a house. I want to settle down and grow old with you. I want to die when I'm 110 years old, in your arms. I don't want 48 uninterrupted hours. I want a lifetime. Mmm. Do you see what happens? I say things like that and you fight the urge to run in the opposite direction. It's okay, I understand. I didn't, but now I do, I do. You're just getting started and I've been doing this for a long time now. Deep down, you're still an intern, and you're not ready.Derek
- Permalink: I want to marry you. I want to have kids with you. I want to bu...
My world is a better place with you in it.Richard
- Permalink: My world is a better place with you in it.
People are stupid and just want to be loved. That's the only reason anyone does anything.Miranda
- Permalink: People are stupid and just want to be loved. That's the only re...
Penmanship saves lives!Izzie
- Permalink: Penmanship saves lives!