Dancing With the Stars Season 5 Episode 0 (10/29/07)
This week, on Dancing with the Stars...
- Melanie Brown completed her ascent, scoring a perfect 30 tonight with her rumba. It was smooth perfection. So was her partner, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, as usual.
- Helio Castorneves (28) was back in form — energy, smile and musckes — with his cha cha.
- Jennie Garth continues to move in the proper direction (27) with her fun, dirty dancing mambo. She had one obvious slip up, but the judges seemed to forgive her for that. She looked mighty fine, too.
- Maybe most surprising was Cheetah Girl Sabrina Bryan’s slide to a mediocre 25 with her foxtrot. She was powerful as usual, but maybe a bit too over-powering for the dance. Guess no one is perfect. We hope she sticks around through an off week at least.
- Cameron Matheson also only scored 25 for his samba, but that seemed generous since there were a few obvious missteps.
- Marie Osmond tried hard to use the paso doble to show viewers that she’s back in form, despite last week’s fainting
spell. But it didn't work too well. She earned a 23.
- Despite displaying her fanciest footwork this season, Jane Seymour (22) couldn’t quite gel with the jive. It just was not her