Pitch Season 1 Episode 1: "Pilot" Quotes
Enjoy your moment in the sun, because there's 29 pro teams as we speak figuring out that little trick pitch of yours, and when they do, I'll get my job back and you'll become the answer to a trivia question.Tommy
Ginny: We did it Pop.
Bill: We ain't done nothing yet.
A girl will never be able to throw hard enough to compete with boys. Not as they start growing. It's biology and we can't change that. That's why we need a secret weapon.Bill
Ginny:I was just a little girl! I never asked for any of it. You chose it for me. You did! I have no friends. No interests. I'm a robot in cleats and I'm malfunctioning! It wasn't right what you did. What you did to me.
Bill: You done? Where's your glove?
It's one thing to be the team that called up the first woman. It's another thing to be the team who picked the wrong woman and turned this into a disaster.Oscar
It seems like you have a lot of people telling you who you're doing this for, and I wonder if it's about time you start doing this for yourself. Just for you. Screw all the attention and you know what? Screw all those adorable little girls in the crowd with Ginny Baker signs, because you're not a girl scout leader, Rookie! You're a ball player! You do this for you. You do this for your team or you don't do this at all, because you're not aiming your pitches if you're aiming to please everyone.Mike
Good job, Rook. We'll take it from here. Go take your bow.Al
Blip: So how you doing?
Ginny: You know, first time in the Majors and all...
Blip: Hey, I got you.
She's a gimmick. She's the dwarf that played for the St. Louis Browns. She'll last a game, maybe two. She's be a nice little ass for us and she'll have a great story to tell her grandkids.Mike
Frank: Your teammates are excited to meet you.
Ginny: No they're not. Ticketing and sales people, they're excited to meet me. My teammates, 75% think I'm the next San Diego chicken and the other 25% just want to see me shower.
Ginny: But none of that matters, you know why?
Frank: No, but color me intrigued.
Ginny: Because today I'm the starting pitcher for the San Diego Padres.
We're going to treat her like any other player. No special treatment.Al