An explosion during a protest leads to Beckett and Castle recreating the timeline that led up to this tragedy.
- A bomb explodes at a Wall Street Protest, killing 5 people.
- Using advanced technology from the feds, the detectives trace GPS from cell phones who were in the vicinity.
- The explosion was caught on live news from a newscaster.
- A cell phone picture shows the location of the bomb 47 seconds prior with nothing there. The detectives break down the 47 second to find the bomber.
- One of the victims who was heavily involved in the cause built a bomb that was meant to just bring attention, not to hurt anyone. The newscaster was his partner, setting off the bomb and hoping to get noticed by her network.
- While interrogating a suspect, Beckett says she remembers every second of the day she got shot. Castle overhears and is now angry that she has lied to him.