It's been a good week for American Idol album sales, as reported by USA Today.
They were up 10%, while most Idols enjoyed increased figures. Once again no Idols made the Billboard top 10, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Daughtry led the pack at No. 13, down from No. 12. But he sold 56,000, up 4%, for a total of 2.78 million.
Similarly, Carrie Underwood dropped 16-22 on the chart but registered a 2% sales increase, to 41,000, to bring her total to 5.66 million.
The rest of the charting and non-charting Idols:
- After the big two, we slide down to No. 57 on the chart, occupied by Bucky Covington, who was No. 63 last week. His sales jumped 24% to 14,000, and his total is 177,000.
- Elliott Yamin slides 62-70, but is also up in sales, 5% to 12,000, and has reached 274,000 in total.
- Fantasia Barrino is the only charting Idol to drop in sales: She's off 7% to 7,100 and falls 97-116 on the chart. Her sales total is 413,000, making it likely that she'll eventually hit gold, though.
- Kellie Pickler climbs 128-122 on the chart, with a 12% gain to 6,700 and a total of 559,000. She could end up outselling Taylor Hicks and wind up as the season's No. 2 seller.
- Off the charts, Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway sold 7,300, up from 7,000, for a total of 5.8 million.
- Katharine McPhee picked up 2,300 new customers, down from 2,500, for a 339,000 total.
- Taylor sold 1,700, up from 1,400, to move up to 688,000 in total.
- Paris Bennett sold 800, down from 1,100, and has sold 16,000 total. Ruben racked up 700 more copies (same as last week) for a total of 229,000.
- Kimberley Locke sold 600 (down from 700); total is 12,000.
- Clay Aiken sold 400 (same as last week) for a total of 513,000.
- Mandisa has the No. 1 single in the country with Only the World; it sold 1,900 copies, down from 2,000.