American Idol Album Sales for 2007: Daughtry Carrie Underwood Leads the Pack
American Idols were all over the lists of top-selling albums and downloads in the first half of 2007, as reported by USA Today. The greatest triumph was all Chris Daughtry; his album is No. 1 for the year so far with 1.73 million sold in 2007 (out of 2.85 million total).
Carrie Underwood also did great, landing at No. 5 with 1.07 million, despite Some Hearts coming out in 2005.
All told, there were 10 Idols in the top 200 for the year to date. The rest:
- 59. Katharine McPhee: 342,000. Outpointed Taylor because the bulk of Taylor's sales came in late '06.
- 77. Elliott Yamin: 294,000
- 79. Kelly Clarkson, My December: 292,000. One week's sales got her this high.
- 116. Kellie Pickler: 217,000. More sold in late '06.
- 124. Fantasia: 208,000. About half of her total sold this year.
- 135. Bucky Covington: 196,000
- 184. Taylor Hicks: 150,000
- 192. Kelly Clarkson, Breakaway: Another 146,000 added to the 5.8 million total.