American Idol Album Sales Update: Daughtry Still Reigns
As we await the windfall of new American Idol music - from Carrie Underwood to Jordin Sparks and Blake Lewis albums - let's take a look at where current CDs are ranked on the charts...
- Daughtry is still top Idol, remaining at No. 33 with 20,000 sold, a meager 2% decline from the previous week. His total is 3.04 million, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
- Kelly Clarkson is next, but drops 36-45, selling 15,000, a 20% drop from the previous week, for a total of 619,000.
- Carrie Underwood falls 42-47, selling 14,000, a 12% decline, for a total of 5.88 million. That's the top-selling album currently on the top 200.
- Elliott Yamin has the best sales news of the week, jumping 89-76 on 9,000 sales, up 14%, for a total of 371,000.
- Bucky Covington drops 97-115, selling a little less than 6,000, a 21% drop, for a total of 260,000.
- Mandisa falls 122-129, selling 5,000 for a total of 36,000.
- Kellie Pickler is down 140-147, selling slightly under 5,000 (down 9%) for a total of 616,000.
- Fantasia manages to climb a bit, 193-188, selling 4,000, a 3% increase, for a total of 463,000.
- Katharine McPhee sold 900, her first venture into three figures, down from 1,200. Total is 353,000.
- Taylor Hicks dropped to 400 from 500, with a total of 694,000.