Five Ellen Pompeo Fun Facts
Many Grey's Anatomy fans are aware of Ellen Pompeo's acting resume, as well as her great personality. But here are five fun facts about the actress you might not know - complete with her quotes at times - courtesy of People magazine ...
1. On her very first day playing Leonardo DiCaprio's lover in the movie Catch Me If You Can, Ellen Pompeo "had to have a simulated sex scene," she later told the Chicago Tribune. "I can't say it was difficult, but ... it was a little awkward, sex with Leonardo DiCaprio on my first day."
2. Before working with Ellen Pompeo in the 2002 film Moonlight Mile, Jake Gyllenhaal hit on her. "He wasn't Jake Gyllenhaal then," she told Playboy. "I didn't know what to say, because he'd come over with these compliments and he's much younger than I am. I just said, 'Well, maybe we'll work together someday.'"
3. When asked what famous woman would she like to make out with, Ellen Pompeo said, "Ooh! Angelina Jolie. She's gorgeous. Or Sandra Oh."
4. Ellen Pompeo isn't impressed with her newfound fame since Grey's Anatomy became huge. "I don't find acting to be a particularly noble way to make a living," she says. "I'm not saving anybody's life, I'm not a teacher, I'm not working for UNICEF. I don't think I'm some big deal."
5. Ellen Pompeo was famously Punk'd by TV prankster Ashton Kutcher in 2005. The set-up: A sexy waitress hit on her boyfriend (now fiance), Chris Ivery, who was in on it and tipped her $200 on Pompeo's credit card. Ellen Pompeo's flustered reaction: she threatened to gouge the waitress with a fork!