Consider these slight American Idol spoilers, but it's just a detailed look at this season's schedule:
- The show premiers with a two-night, four-hour event on Tuesday, January 15, and Wednesday, January 16.
- The early audition episodes will be the focus of the four-hour premiere. They'll continue through hour-long episodes that will air on January 22, 23, 29, and 30, as well as February 5 and 6.
- On Tuesday, February 12, the Hollywood Round begin.s It'll kick off with a two-hour episode, followed by a one-hour episode the following night revealing the Top 24.
- The Top 12 males and the Top 12 females will perform in two-hour episodes airing on Tuesday, February 19 and Wednesday, February 20. This begins the viewer voting, so you can expect the elimination of two men and two women on February 21.
- The male performers will then lay claim to Tuesdays, with the Top 10 singing during a 90-minute episode on February 26, followed by the Top 8 battling on March 4.
- Wednesdays will be ladies' night, with the Top 10 competing on February 27, and the Top 8 attempting to out-belt each other on March 5. Eliminations will take place on Thursdays at 8 p.m., culminating in the reveal of the Top 12 overall on March 6.
- The performances of the Top 12 will begin on Tuesday, March 11, with a two-hour episode. The first single elimination of the season will take place the following night.