The sixth episode of Season 2 of Gossip Girl, "New Haven Can Wait," was as notable for its fashion statements as for its quotes and plot twists.
Below, our Gossip Girl fashion contributor, the fabulous Liza L., breaks down the episode, telling us where we can get its amazing looks ...
This episode (in Gossip Girl fashion terms) could be used as a manual for How to Dress When Making a Major Life Decision.
Blair Waldorf, as everyone knows, is a very serious and busy person. Her outfits are always perfect for the occasions, and thoroughly planned, just like her war strategies.
- Catherine Malandrino Belted Shirt-Dress ($595, here)
- Diane von Furstenberg Matine Skirt ($225, here); Catherine Malandrino swing dress with smocking detail ($ 495, here); Garland bracelet from Signature Collection (here, online store coming soon); Paul Smith Stripe Knit tie ($135, here or here).
- Paul Smith Jeans Cardigan ($47, here), Hamptons Embossed Python Flap Tote from Coach ($1,000, here), non-python for $500, here.
And for those who prefer a slightly more casual or relaxed version - just add a little fun twist to the whole outfit with a cool scarf (as demonstrated by Leighton Meester):
- Tolani Honeycomb scarf ($85, here)
Serena van der Woodsen, meanwhile, is always more relaxed about her style - everything will turn out well in the end of the day, so why worry?
- Black Halo Jackie O Cut Out Dress ($325, here)
- Ralph Lauren Collection Breanna Double Peplum Jacket ($899, on sale, here); Celine Watch Me Work bag ($100, here).
- Catherine Malandrino Chiffon Floral Embroidered dress ($371, here).
But, in the end of the day, nothing can keep them apart. At least not for a long time.