It's been confirmed that The Ghost Whisperer will jump ahead five years when its fifth season debuts on September 25.
But what, exactly, does this mean? Here's a detailed (somewhat confusing) look at the upcoming premiere episode, "Birthday Presence." In the installment...
- Sam has re-invented himself as a physician;
- Melinda's son, Aiden, is five years old;
- There's a ghost named Amber Heaton on the prowl, who died during childbirth;
- Her baby, Tyler, was adopted, but Amber believes his body died - and his soul is now in Aiden's body;
- According to Amber, Tyler now haunts Aiden him every year on his birthday.