After last week's heavy story line-based plot of last week, we were treated to just a fun half hour of pure awesomness on last night's episode of The Venture Bros. We saw the return of The Monarch as he held Hank and Dean for ransom. Now without their safety net(s) of clones and Brock, Venture actually had to entertain this loon!
The episode really got amazing when Captain Sunshine, voiced by cartoon Batman himself, Kevin Conroy, broke into the cocoon and stole Hank from the Monarch. Apparently he's had a grudge with the Monarch since he killed his previous ward, Wonder Boy.
Catch up with the details of the episode in our "Handsome Ransom" recap. Now sit back and let us tell you why we thought this episode was so awesome:
- The Monarch is back! He's easily the most entertaining character of any show
- Dr. Girlfriend proved her Doctor title is legit unlike Rusty's when she busted out some science
- Henchman 21 put on some muscle and even threw a punch!
- Tee Hee, Sgt Hatred got pretty excited when he found out Billy was not actually a kid. You mean it wouldn't be illegal if...
- All the amazing Batman references while Sunshine was being voiced by Conroy
Only things we didn't like about the episode:
- Lack of Brock
- Hmm, does an episode really need two pedophiles? Possibly a third if you count Scorpio?
Now for some of our favorite Venture Brothers quotes after the jump
The Monarch: Time to pay the piper, Venture, for admitted to my mega pillar silky issue will destroy the only living proof you've had sex, unless you give me ten million dollars
Dr. Venture: Since when did you start arching for money? | permalink
The Monarch: How long have we been trying to kill this schmuck, ten, twenty years?
Dr. Girlfriend: I dunno, since Marky Mark had a funk bunch?
The Monarch: Do you want to know how to really hurt Venture?
Dr. Girlfriend: Not really, but as a wife I try and be supportive
The Monarch: In the pocketbook! | permalink
The Monarch: Henchman 21, there's a taxi idling in the driveway awaiting his fair... slay him!
Dr. Girlfriend [about Captain Sunshine]: What'd he do to you
The Monarch: The usual he threw me in jail. He literally threw me right into the yard of the state prison and he shouts up to the warden, "looks like this one won't be causing any more trouble." Then he flies off with this gay salute
Dr. Girlfriend: Oh my god
The Monarch: Apparently he's never heard of due process | permalink