"Just because you're poorly dressed doesn't mean you're not Chuck Bass." - Blair
Because the CW is so awesome, and thinks TV Fanatic is pretty cool too, the network sent us the first two episodes of the upcoming Season Four of Gossip Girl for review!
We can't give away major plot details, or we'll be blackballed by the CW faster than you can say "Belles Du Jour," but let's just say they live up to the hype and then some.
The premiere and the second episode, "Double Identity," are both solid on their own merits and set the stage for would could be some awesome story lines this season.
We've put together some exclusive Gossip Girl spoilers and observations below to pique your interest and hopefully get you even more excited for September 13 premiere.
Follow the jump for details on the first two episodes of the new season ...
- There are new characters named Milo, Louis and Henry.
- Leighton Meester speaks excellent French! Blake Lively? Not so much. Fortunately, there are enough OMG Serena fashion moments to make up for it.
- Something about seeing Gossip Girl filmed on location in Paris legitimizes it on a whole new level. It's kind of like the Hamptons episodes, but tenfold.
- The Parisian scenery is fantastic and the locations spot-on. It's eye candy for fans of French culture, fashion and retail. Blair is in her element ... although in the premiere, "Belles Du Jour," we learn that Serena had the more exciting summer.
- Blair and Serena go on a double-date with a member of Monaco's royal family and his chauffeur. Blair is surprised to learn which is which.
- An important decision Serena made about her future - but failed to mention to Blair - is what ends up getting her shoved into a fountain.
- In NYC, Dan is in full Mr. Mom mode, LIVING WITH GEORGINA! But is the baby really his? A suspicious paternity test suggests one thing, while a blood test and Rufus' intuition say another. Georgina is as funny and shady as usual.
- Penn Badgley is great as sleep-deprived, delirious Dan in both episodes.
- Someone sleeps with Vanessa in the second episode, "Double Identity."
- We think that Gossip Girl fans, especially those who watched Melrose Place, are going to love Katie Cassidy as Juliet Sharp. She's sarcastic, flirty, plotting an elaborate scheme, of course, gorgeous. In other words, a perfect Gossip Girl fit.
- Juliet, who Nate first meets while on a date with another girl, and later runs into again when she's working with Eleanor planning Fashion's Night Out, works to help him get Serena back. She clearly has ulterior motives, though ...
- Eva (Clemence Poesy) rescued Chuck after he was shot in Prague and nursed him back to health. He's now taken on an entirely new persona. But is he suffering from amnesia or just trying to forget the man he was - and is ashamed of?
- After a chance run-in in Paris, and with Lily and Serena frantically worrying about Chuck's fate, Blair tries to convince him not to run from who he is ...
What happens here? We'll leave that to the imagination for now. Leave us a comment with your theories and let us know what you think - and are most excited for next week.