Gossip Girl > Gossip Girl Spoilers: Dan's Feelings For Blair ... > Comments Page 3
It's interesting that the two most libertine characters on the show (Serena and Chuck) are actually displaying the most maturity and character growth in Season 5. I think it's also significant that both Serena and Chuck have been single all season - is there another season where both have gone 10 episodes without hooking up with something (anything)?
I'm reading that a lot of people think that Serena's treated Dan badly in the past, and we all agree that Chuck takes the cake when it comes to his past treatment of Blair. But I'm still Chair and Derena (yes, even while supporting Rufly & knowing they have a shared sibling - it's a *soap*) and think there's a reason why S and C are growing up so much this season.
I think Dair Is awesome,Never really got the epic love vibe from Chair.More like back and forth bullshit,Same with Derena.I hope the writes have the guts to Dair.
wow you are just as hypocritical as your favourite character.
Never been a Chair fan...maybe because unlike all the Chairs shippers I kept in my mind the Chuck of season 1 : unsexy, childish, no swag...
I liked Nate and Blair together maybe just because of their common cuteness...
And then was developped the Dair storyline, and was amazed by the great potential this item had ...both so witty, classy, brilliant and beautiful; and I just love how Dan fell for Blair ! DAIR all the way!
(3) I never contemplated Dan and Blair at all but then S4 just really surprised me. Blair has always been my favourite character and I loved all her sparky dialogue with Dan and then I started to wonder what would those two be like together. And now I'm in. There's alot to be said for common interests and someone that brings out the best side of you. Its real and adult. I want to see this relationship and I hope its done well even if it doesn't last. Always a sucker for the unlikely pairings!!
(2) But then the whole Raina storyline happened and we witnessed Blair hear Chuck confess how he felt about Raina and I just thought to myself - I'm done with this. This guy indiscriminately finds replacements for Blair and we are always expecting her to go trotting back to him. I still love Chuck's character and cannot deny the chemistry they have but for me its just now getting old and re-hashed.
(1) was always a massive fan of Chair. All the while he was messing her about in S1/2 I was just waiting for him to step up to the plate. I didn't even find them boring together but I hated the hotel/Jack incident. However even after that I still wanted her to go to the Empire State etc. Early S4 couldn't wait to see the back of Eva and was really happy to see them back together and although they split up yet again I thought eventually it will work out and Chair would be permanently together.
Love DAIR! I loved Chair and Derena in the past, but DAIR is the only GG couple I am shipping anymore. And I am hoping that GG brings back bad Bass... good Chuck is unrealistic and boring.
get a life motherchuckers u guys need help the spoiler is on dair and you guys still comenting that's to show u how real dair is i pity you guys get a hobby and stop obbesessing over fictional character and dair to dare by the way.
Bring it on indeed!!! Dan will drive Blair straight back into chucks arms. I kinda hope that chuck tells her to f**k off!! Or at least makes her fight for him!! I want chair end game but I want some drama on the way.
Yeah, because Dan is Blair's fairytale. I think she's already realizing fairytales are only fiction with her Prince fiance.
Can't wait for Dair to happen so we can see the sexual tension, banter, games re-ignite between her and chuck cos Dan will bore her to within an inch of her life! That's when she'll realise that having the nice fairy tale actually isn't what she really wants at all!
Bring it on..
4) Blair and Dan: I think it was a funny relationship, writers build it, it was really refreshing.But I think it's total bullshit that the writers said that Dair was meant to be. Dan really loved Serena, it was a true first love.
5) Serena: How such an amazing character in season 1/2 can be now so uninteresting? Like Nate! For me, GG is not all about Blair, Chuck and Dan. They ruined every other character by this whole love triangle.
All that stupid text to say that GG was a entertaining teenage drama, but now, I think it's time to move on to something else! Like Dan and Blair friendship or love, but refreshing, Chuck find a girl who enlighting him, and stop to try to kill him also, Serena need to be the fun serena she was, Nate is a good guy who really needs better storyline.
GG Writers have to stop teasing about everything, and start to do something actually.
I don't get GG writers for a lot of points:
First, Louis. Did they really think that someone believe in his relationship with Blair? Come on.
2) Blair. She was a powerful woman, with a job, really ambitious, a really independant woman, and in 2 episodes, she's going back to a little girl who wants her fairytale. I so didn't get that part. She is now a selfish character, begin to be boring.
3) Chuck and Blair. I really loved them. They were perfect for each other before, but, after 5 season of "I love you, but our love is so epic we can't be together, then we hate each hoter, then we love each other..." I know it's supposed to be a drama, but it's really boring. Always something on their way to be happy, like Chuck almost killed, not one, but twice!
this is how i see it going down: the writers ARE going to explore DAIR. endgame will be determined by how long they draw out Blair's obliviousness. if she marries Louis, gets an annulment, then reunites with Chuck, all the while continuing to lean on Dan and Dan pine for her....then DAIR will def. be serious competition for endgame. that'll be almost 2 seasons of DAIR buildup.
the writers seem to have everyone (chuck, serena, the audience) in the 'know' about how Dan feels about Blair....except Blair. when a buildup of that proportion happens, there's a payoff. like i said, i don't know if it's 'endgame payoff' or not, but DAIR will happen. they will allow Blair to explore her feelings for Dan, even if the close the door on it permanently.
Chair & Derena
I am a gossip girl brat because I read all the books before the show even started, and have watched the show religiously (despite being completely different from the books) since it first aired... if Blair ends up with Dan I'll consider my obsession of 5 years for nothing. How on earth is Dair about to happen when Blair just ran away with Chuck in a limo and now he's in a hospital clinging to his life? They are making Blair seem stupid. Being caught between Louis and Chuck is one thing, but for a woman about to get married to have her heart split for 3 guys just makes her seem like a dumb sl*t. Plus right before she ran off with Chuck, when Dan was going to confess his love, she didn't CARE. She was only worried about what to do about Chuck. The writers always said Blair/Chuck are endgame and it BETTER be true!!!!!
Even if the writers explore Dair, I can't see it being endgame. Dan's relationship patterns since Season 1 have been to fall madly in love, end up judging the girl for one reason or the other, then drop her and treat her like crap.
Chuck doesn't pretend to be something he's not. GG's VOs have called him a devil and a beast. His dad was reptilian, his uncle is a nightmare, his (fake) mother was/is a conniving beyotch, and now who knows what Diana might be. He knows he has to change, so he's trying.
Dan, on the other hand, has Rufus, who is the best parent on the show, but whose life he judges (see ep 5.5). Before she met and married Cyrus, Eleanor harshly judged Blair, who had an eating disorder. For Dair to be endgame? Dan needs to stop judging.
@ Ava 1. "Dan basically cost Blair Yale", That was basically Blair's undoing, if she hadn't had tricked/bullied her teacher Miss. Carr it would never had happend. That was just karma for Blair, like "What goes around comes around".
2. "told her not to tell Chuck she loves him on purpose because he thought she was a bitch". He didn't do it because he thought Blair was a bitch, he was genuinely helping Blair until Vanessa told Dan what Chuck and Blair did to her. But he told the truth to Chuck what he had done to Blair later.
3. "AND he was such an a-hole to Serena! Seriously" yes, he was judgemental to her, but that don't even comes close what Chuck has said anddone to Blair.
Dan is the biggest hypocrite on television. Agree with you 100% Ava
I wonder why Chair fans bother to get their panties in a bunch. The show is still all about your couple so what's the problem? Don't worry, nothing will come out of Dair.
It's Dair time, motherchuckers!
I have been re-watching season 2 (in French no less, for learning purposes) and all you DAIR fans going on about how bad Chuck is and how holier-than-thou Dan is, apparently have a very short memory - Dan basically cost Blair Yale, he foul-mouthed her all through season 2, told her not to tell Chuck she loves him on purpose because he thought she was a bitch, AND he was such an a-hole to Serena! Seriously, any little thing that girl did, he was in her face doing the whole "Omigod, I can't believe this is who you really are, your such a this and that". Really. I used to like Dan in a non-DAIR way, but since re-watching the second season... The guy is a narcissistic hypocrite. Go CHAIR and SERENATE!!!
Dare to Dair!!
You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Login or Register.
Remember My Info