Immediately following his network's Upfront presentation in New York today, CW president Mark Pedowitz looked forward and looked back in press conference with reporters, yours truly included.
Among the topics covered:
- Pedowitz lamented the demise of Ringer as a "serialized" show and said it may have worked better if it ran consecutive new episodes: "The show was well-crafted, well-produced, well-written, but... after it finished a run in the fall and came back in January, the audience went somewhere else. And it just could not find the 18-34 demo that we hoped.”
- Such thinking is why The CW will air Cult in midseason, running all 13 new episodes in a row.
- On Supernatural, which has made the unusual move back to midweek: "I'm not looking at Season 8 as the final year in any way, shape or form."
- On the final season of Gossip Girl: It may be 10 episodes, it may be 11. But the goal is to conclude its run in 2012 and include a retrospective at some point.
- The Selection is not dead. It even air in January, but is being retooled, with only Aimee Teegarden guaranteed to remain part of the cast.
- Yes, new episodes will not air until October across the board. But this will mean no reruns until December, with the exception of Thanksgiving week.
Want more Gossip Girl?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!