Revenge Season Two: A Terrible Event, A Relationship Rekindled, A SWF Mother
Let's get right to it: Revenge Season 2 will kick off with a tragedy.
That's what executive producer Mike Kelley tested today during a set visit to the ABC series as part of the Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour.
"We open with a flash-forward to the end of summer, again, and a terrible event that occurs, then we bring the audience back to the start of the summer," Kelley told those on hand.
Previously, Kelley had teased that a wedding would be the season opening event.
Among other major facts, tidbits and spoilers revealed:
- One "very important" character will learn Emily's true identity as Amanda.
- A female - yes, female - love interest will soon be cast for Nolan.
- Barry Sloane's character will explore who "Emily was when she was turning into Emily Thorne," said Kelly, adding that this mystery man's relationship with our heroine ended in "volatile" fashion when they were younger.
- Daniel and Ashley WILL be involved on Season 2, but Kelley classifies their relationship as "lustful' and says Daniel's conscience will "still guilt-ridden because of his mother."
- By the end of the season, Grayson Global will feel the effects of the economy.
- Kelley simply could not believe Jennifer Jason Leigh was available and interested in playing Emily's mother. He gushed: She can do Single White Female all over this show! We’ll take it!”
Revenge moves to Sundays and will premiere on September 30.