Percy may be dead, but his legacy lives on at Division... much to Nikita's dismay.
In "True Believer," a former undercover operative, Mia, got picked up during a raid on a domestic terrorist group, Third Wave. Despite, Nikita's distress at Mia being left undercover by Ryan, she was determined to get her out. The old Division may have left their operatives behind, but not this new Division.
Of course, nothing is ever as it seems in the Division world. Mia turned on Nikita and Alex after they saved her and shot Alex. At least she wasn't a good shot and Alex was up and about quickly.
Just like last week's mini-Nikita mission, Nikita's encounter with Mia reminded her of herself. Their face-off at the Third Wave operation site hit a nerve. Mia's declaration that she became hopeful when Nikita went rogue against Division, but then was let down when instead of destroying Division, Nikita kept it running. Wow.
This was one of the only times we've seen a Division operative speak about Nikita's break from Division in a positive way. I wonder how many actually cheered Nikita on internally, while they were forced to chase her down?
Nikita held firm when Ryan wanted to take Mia out at the arena. This was the second mission in a row that Ryan was quick to want to exterminate the target and Nikita was against the order. In this case, Ryan was justified, though. Since Mia did shoot Alex.
The Third Wave sham was unexpected especially since Mia seemed to be close to Joshua. Wouldn't a good agent have been able to figure out that the terrorist angle was just a scam to get more business? Joshua must have been very good at keeping his real plans from the group.
In the end, Mia sacrificed herself for an "innocent" boy from being shot and perhaps blowing up the arena. Ryan was right when he said that Mia died a hero and Nikita was to thank for that.
With the differences in opinion lately between Nikita and Ryan, their heart-to-heart was touching to see. Though, I'm not sure Ryan will be able to keep his promise of no more active missions. The President has a tight hold over him and it doesn't seem that he has shared that with Nikita or anyone else.
Will they be able to stay on the same page? Doubtful. They will continue to butt heads over missions and the direction of Division. I hope that Ryan doesn't become corrupted by the power. He was an honorable man before he took this role, but it will be a challenge to maintain that integrity. Nikita may have to continue to keep him in check.
Odds and Ends
- What happened between Birkhoff and Sonya? It's been three episodes. They really should let us in on the secret soon.
- The competition between Birkhoff and Sonya is a good thing though. It will push each of them to work even harder.
- Birkhoff Unmanned Tactical Robot -- BUTR.
- Finally a Sean and Alex moment. He's only staying because of her. She's only staying because of Nikita. I'm not sure they could be happy together without the thrill of the mission. Or, that Alex would want to leave that behind. They need to have their date!
- Was Mia one of The Dirty Thirty? I'm guessing not, since Ryan knew she was still undercover. So, that leaves the count still 28/30 outstanding.
Want more Nikita?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!