On our journey to the lab this week, part one took place entirely on a choppersaurus, where H. Jon Benjamin brought along two of his Bob's Burgers co-stars, Eugene Mirman and Kristen Schaal. The comedic duo voiced Cheryl's philantrhopic brother, Cecil Tunt, and and his very vegan girlfriend, Tiffy.
Much like ISIS, we were led to believe we were on an exciting maritime race against the Russians to recover a hydrogen bomb. You know, to collect a big fat ransom treason reward.
In the end, the episode ended up being a best of Cheryl's crazy as Cecil attempted to steal his sister's share of the family's billions. That, and some impressive bartending by Archer and major soy scrimpting by Pam.
It may not have been the strongest episode of the season, but I'm ready for Adam Reed's epic Sealab 2021 crossover as Archer and the whole gang (minus Krieger) go up against a Jon Hamm-voiced Captain Murphy next week.
It's just a shame it couldn't have been a stronger build up. Now if you excuse me, I need to drown our these auditory hallucinations with a horatio cornblower. In the meanwhile, I'll leave you with some of my favorite Archer lines and observations:
- Rien Poortvliet? Pretty sure Adam Reed is just testing our Google skills at this point.
- Phew. So glad it only ended up being a crazy captain and not an amphibious invasion by the Bahamas.
- Brain aneurisms crocodiles alligators and... Bermuda Triangle. Yep, sounds about right.
- A werewolf for six months? Where was the audience during that fun crazy time?
- Pam's consumption of skrimp sure does sound similar to bear claws. What did they have poor Amber Nash eating this time?
Eric Hochberger is the programmer of TV Fanatic, so please forgive his mediocre writing. His programming is far better. Follow him on Twitter and/or email him. Just don't request threaded comments. They're coming.Tags: Archer, Reviews