This week's penultimate episode of Grey’s Anatomy hit the ground running to kick off a two-part finale with "Readiness Is All."
Born and raised in Oklahoma and now living in Texas, I’ve experienced my fair share of massive weather disasters. From the craziest of storms, tornadoes and even hurricanes, I'm very familiar with preparing for Mother Nature – or at least trying to anyway.
No amount of preparation can ever be enough. I’m sure we’ll soon see that even with overstocking hospital supplies, getting ready for double capacity, having hardcopies of charts ready and much more... it all won’t be enough. It’s going to be CRAZY next week.
So, what went down on the first episode of the two-part finale?
Well, we picked up right where we left off last week with Alex comforting a battered Jo. Alex brought in Jason, who was severely beaten up. I felt like it was a little too obvious that we were supposed to believe that Alex was responsible... and then it felt a bit too predictable that it was Jo all along.
I’ve been feverishly waiting for Jalex to happen, but I’m not so sure I’m digging how they’re coming together now. At least he finally basically admitted he loved her. By the way, do you agree with Alex’s blackmailing/threatening of Jason? Was Derek right in that Alex was entirely wrong for what he did?
Meanwhile, I can’t believe that Arizona went beyond flirting with Peyton Lauren. What’s going to happen to Calzona?!? Also, it doesn’t seem like Cristina and Owen are ready to come to terms with their situation. Owen clearly can’t let go of wanting to be a dad, and with Ethan gone now, I’m thinking he’s going to realize it’s all more than just a want. Is it only a matter of time for both of these couples?
As a huge fan of flash mob proposals, I thought that Matthew’s gesture was just so ridiculously made for April. And did you catch that look on Jackson's face? I’m rooting for Matthew while my gut feeling tells me that he’s just standing in Japril’s way.
Lastly, how scary was Meredith’s tumble down the stairs? I figured she’d be okay, but it was still kind of terrifying. Her water broke and hopefully all will be well with the McBaby.
- I’m so glad that Webber totally called Bailey out on her stubbornness. Even more importantly, she’s finally heading back to the O.R.
- Cristina yelling, “No! Mousey! No! Mousey!” was kind of hilarious. Side note: McDreamy is right. Brooks is very weird.
- My favorite moments are still with just Alex, Cristina and Meredith. They’re always there for each other. This matters so much still.
- There were many interesting medical cases this week, but I felt like all of the drama amongst the doctors took center stage. It was hard to care too much about anything else.
- I actually didn’t realize this was the second-to-last episode of Grey’s Anatomy Season 9 until tonight. This season seriously flew by!
If tonight’s installment was any indication of how adrenaline-rushing next week’s finale will be, I think it’s safe to believe that we’re in for yet another season finale to remember. I can’t wait!
So, what did you think, TV Fanatics? Hit the comments to share your predictions for next week’s season finale. Also, don’t forget to return early next week to chime in on our Grey’s Anatomy Round Table.
Want more Grey's Anatomy?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!