I can’t decide if I should talk about the last minute of The Tomorrow People Season 1 Episode 16 first, or talk about everything that came before that.
Both storylines were great so I’ll go in chronological order.
There were so many things I enjoyed about the Red Avengers storyline. First, it was fun to get more backstory on Russell and find out about his days playing the tables in Vegas. It seems like all of the Tomorrow People have their sordid pasts and Russell is no different.
The other thing I liked about that part of the story was the idea that the paranormals could stop hiding in caves and instead try to actively use their powers for good.
If they do off on that direction, I think the show will take on a whole new dimension.
We werenât given these powers so we could hide in a tunnel. We were born great so that we may do great things.Mallory
Yes, I realize that by doing so they will be coming close to the premise of another CW show that just happens to star another Amell.
But the Tomorrow People are a whole group of people, they actually have super powers and will constantly have to stay two steps ahead of Ultra in order to ensure that their rescue efforts don’t get them captured. I don’t know about you guys, but that sounds like one heck of an exciting show.
Russell should lead the group and I wonder if he might not do it on the down low, even if Cara and John or any of the paranormals join in at first. I understand their reticence but sometimes you just gotta go for it and take the risks.
There are dragons to slay! We were given swords!Russell
Finding out that Jedikiah is going to be a father completely floored me and I am completely tickled pink by the idea. Not just because I love Jedikiah and any storyline that involves him but because of what this will mean for him as a character.
Remember that soft little underbelly of his that we saw in The Tomorrow People Season 1 Episode 15? Just imagine how much we’ll see if he has a child. Not only that, but I’d bet dollars to donuts that the kid will turn out to be a paranormal, which will create a whole new set of issues.
Congratulations, Jed. Youâre going to be a father.John
Finally, there was what happened in the final minute of the episode. We’ve known for a while that Jedikiah had his brother’s body on ice, but Stephen finally found out. How will Jedikiah talk his way out of this one? Now that Stephen knows where it is, how will he get it out to do whatever it is he needs to do to bring his father back?
My favorite bits:
- Flashback Russell. Always fun.
- Shirtless John doing pull-ups. This show is on a roll. Salmon ladder next, perhaps?
- Tim informing Russell and Stephen that he wasn’t an alarm clock.
- The guys discovering that they apparently had multiple superheroes on their hands.
- Mallory suggesting that Russell and Stephen needed to get into some tights. I actually would’ve paid good money to see that.
- Cara discovering that Stephen and Russell were using their powers above ground… and enjoying it.
- Russell and Stephen getting caught by Cara and John like a couple of naughty kids breaking curfew.
- John arriving just in time to keep Jed from killing the woman he loves and his unborn child. Whew.
- Talia showing up to see Russell.
- Wondering what Russell’s calling card was going to turn out to be.
- Hillary promising to “debrief” Stephen so hard. Yowza.
Which story did you enjoy the most in this episode?
Want more The Tomorrow People?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!