Richard Webber Quotes
Richard: You can tell me.
Meredith: I'd rather not.
Richard: You said it was important.
Meredith: It's just sex. Emergency sex with husband.
Richard: Should have dropped it.
Meredith: Told ya.
- Permalink: Told ya.
It's the past, and you don't have to defend it.
- Permalink: It's the past, and you don't have to defend it.
Webber: I think I'm too late.
Bailey: No such thing.
- Permalink: No such thing.
I think she’s more than you bargained for, but I think when the world gives you more than you bargained for, you usually end up glad you got it.
Shane: What'd I miss?
Richard: The pow.
- Permalink: The pow.
So, you're the panty police now?
- Permalink: So, you're the panty police now?
Richard: Are you cooking?
Meredith: Is that so preposterous?
Richard: Do you want a straight answer?
- Permalink: Do you want a straight answer?
It's a miracle I'm here. Kepner's a terrible driver!
- Permalink: It's a miracle I'm here. Kepner's a terrible driver!
We just want to survive the storm. We pray, please God, just get me to the other side. We never imagine what it will be like until we get there. What if when the storm passes, nothing's left? I always said I could handle anything. I was wrong, but I was right about one thing. I was right about this.
- Permalink: We just want to survive the storm. We pray, please God, just get...
We're all going to die. We don't get much say over how or when, but we do get to decide how we're gonna live. So, do it. Decide. Is this the life you want to live? Is this the person you want to love? Is this the best you can be? Can you be stronger? Kinder? More Compassionate? Decide. Breathe in. Breathe out and decide.
- Permalink: We're all going to die. We don't get much say over how or when, ...
Your job is to cooperate.
- Permalink: Your job is to cooperate.
You want him to step up, but the steps are too high.
- Permalink: You want him to step up, but the steps are too high.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."Meredith (closing voiceover)
- Permalink: Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without y...
When we say things like "people don't change" it drives scientist crazy because change is literally the only constant in all of science. Energy. Matter. It's always changing, morphing, merging, growing, dying. It's the way people try not to change that's unnatural. The way we cling to what things were instead of letting things be what they are. The way we cling to old memories instead of forming new ones. The way we insist on believing despite every scientific indication that anything in this lifetime is permanent. Change is constant. How we experience change that's up to us. It can feel like death or it can feel like a second chance at life. If we open our fingers, loosen our grips, go with it, it can feel like pure adrenaline. Like at any moment we can have another chance at life. Like at any moment, we can be born all over again.Meredith
- Permalink: When we say things like people don't change it drives scientist ...