Roland Burton Quotes
Roland: I don't do teen therapy groups.
Charlie: Why not? You're obviously good at it.
- Permalink: I don't do teen therapy groups. Why not? You're obviously good...
Roxy: And now she's breaking us up. Just like Yoko.
Roland: Here's to Pamela. The good times, the bad times...
Roxy: And everything in between.
- Permalink: And now she's breaking us up. Just like Yoko. Here's to Pamela...
Roland: Blackberry down now.
- Permalink: Roland. Blackberry down now.
Joan: Given what we know, do you think we should lighten his punishment?
Roland: No, we gotta stay consistent.
Joan: I know, it just hurts.
- Permalink: Given what we know, do you think we should lighten his punishmen...
Roland: Joan, his mother gave him up when he was two. His grandmother died. His last mother gave him up into the system. It stands to reason that he has issues.
Joan: I understand. It still hurts.
- Permalink: Joan, his mother gave him up when he was two. His grandmother di...
Joan: I know it's crazy, but I feel like he's already ours. Like he was meant to be a part of our family.
Roland: Yeah, I like him too, Joan. But, uh, are we really prepared to raise a child with HIV?
- Permalink: I know it's crazy, but I feel like he's already ours. Like he wa...
Social Worker: Dr. Burton, I know you mean well, but you can't be Bobby's foster parents.
Joan: Why not?
Social Worker: Your husband is treating Bobby's mother. It's an obvious conflict of interest. Doctor has mother declared unfit and takes her son.
Roland: It's not like that.
Social Worker: Try explaining that to a judge.
- Permalink: Dr. Burton, I know you mean well, but you can't be Bobby's foste...
Roland: You were right, about Jeremy. A doctor is not supposed to get so caught up with one patient.
Joan: He wasn't just any patient.
Roland: No, I was really looking forward to watching his life unfold, you know.
Joan: You helped him.
Roland: You helped him.
Joan: Maybe you should start believing it.
Roland: I'm trying.
- Permalink: You were right, about Jeremy. A doctor is not supposed to get so...
Frank: Roland, Denise and I are both very thankful for what you did for Jeremy. You know, I know I, I made some mistakes with the boy growing up. I think he enlisted to prove something to me, you know.
Roland: Maybe. The first time.
Frank: Yeah, that first tour man, that was tough on him. And, a buddy getting killed like that. I just didn't see how bad he was hurtin' when he got home. We almost lost him then, and I think we would have, if it hadn't been for you.
Roland: I was just doin' my job Frank.
Frank: No, no, you went above and beyond. 'Cause that second tour, he was a different man. He was proud, he was confident and you did that.
Roland: He did all the work.
Frank: Well, I will always treasure that time we had together in Afghanistan. I got to know my son. I didn't know it was for a little while. I am very grateful.
- Permalink: Roland, Denise and I are both very thankful for what you did for...