Arrested Development Season 1 Episode 7: "In God We Trust" Quotes
Lindsay: Yeah. So did I. And now I hear you're telling our mother that I'm completely irresponsible and a stay-in-bed mom?
Michael: That doesn't even sound like me. That sounds like Mom. Or Bruce Vilanch. Could be Bruce Vilanch.
- Permalink: Yeah. So did I. And now I hear you're telling our mother that I'...
Lindsay: No, Michael, I don't just sleep all day.
Narrator: Actually, Lindsay was so upset at Michael that she tried meditating to calm herself but ended up taking a two-hour angry nap.
- Permalink: No, Michael, I don't just sleep all day. Actually, Lindsay was...
Michael: Yeah, it's Michael Bluth for Barry.
Barry: (whispering) I'm not here.
James Alan Spangler: Uh, Barry's not here. Can I give her a message?
Michael: Yeah. Tell her she needs to whisper a little softer next time. And I'm not paying for this phone call.
Barry: I am not a girl, you ...
James Alan Spangler: Go on. Call me something. I'm redoing my kitchen.
- Permalink: Yeah, it's Michael Bluth for Barry. I'm not here. Uh, Barry...
Look, I don't want to go through a whole song and dance with you. You're going to love it. You just can't do anything that violates the original painting, like giggling or itching. They do allow some nervous crying, but you can tell they don't like it.Buster
- Permalink: Look, I don't want to go through a whole song and dance with you...
Gob: Well, if it isn't the boy who lives under the stairs.
Michael: Hey, Gob.
- Permalink: Well, if it isn't the boy who lives under the stairs. Hey, Gob...
Marta: Te quiero.
Gob: English, please.
Marta: I love you.
Gob: Great. Now I'm late.
- Permalink: Te quiero. English, please. I love you. Great. Now I'm lat...
Lindsay: Fine. I'll ask Michael. He'll give it to me.
Lucille: Well, maybe if you get him drunk. It's the only way he'll give money to someone who calls his "stay-in-bed-mom..."
Lindsay: He said that about me?
Lucille: I know it was harsh, but, you know, he thinks you're completely irresponsible. A stay-in-bed mom. Probably because you don't work, and you're lazy. Oh ... his words.
- Permalink: Fine. I'll ask Michael. He'll give it to me. Well, maybe if yo...
Lucille: Lupe, there are some juice glasses on the sofa table.
Lindsay: Oh, Mama, I'll help you clean up. (to Lupe) There are some salad plates on the piano.
- Permalink: Lupe, there are some juice glasses on the sofa table. Oh, Mama...
Lindsay: Maeby, where have you been?
Maeby: You left me at home. You do remember you have a daughter, right?
Tobias: Uh, yes. Uh, of course we remember, and we were worried sick, young lady. She's fine. Our daughter is all right.
- Permalink: Maeby, where have you been? You left me at home. You do rememb...
Narrator: Wayne Jarvis had become famous after an employment discrimination suit against the family's current attorney, Barry Zuckerkorn.
James Alan Spangler: It'll be a long time before Barry Zuckerkorn calls anyone a "homo" again.
- Permalink: Wayne Jarvis had become famous after an employment discriminatio...
Lucille: Barry's very good.
Lindsay: He's an idiot.
- Permalink: Barry's very good. He's an idiot.
Tobias: I would be happy to play Adam. Uh, I'd prefer a speaking part.
Lindsay: Please don't speak for the rest of the meeting.
- Permalink: I would be happy to play Adam. Uh, I'd prefer a speaking part. ...
George, Sr.: Thank you. Thank you for coming down on Christmas Eve.
Barry: Oh, it's like any other day, except that I bill double.
- Permalink: Thank you. Thank you for coming down on Christmas Eve. Oh, it'...
Lindsay: How'd it go?
Michael: Well, the bad news is you're in debt again, and we never busted Mom, and we're stuck with Barry.
Michael: The good news is we've been asked never to participate in the pageant again.
- Permalink: How'd it go? Well, the bad news is you're in debt again, and w...