Dexter Season 1 Episode 5: "Love American Style" Quotes
Blood never lies.Dexter Morgan
- Permalink: Blood never lies.
Thank God for showers. Private time to think. Harder to come by now that I'm in a real relationship.Dexter Morgan
- Permalink: Thank God for showers. Private time to think. Harder to come by ...
I built my life on Harry's code. I lived by it. But Harry lied. Why would he do that? What else don't I know? My concrete foundation is turning to shifting sand. Maybe Rudy was right. You never can truly know anyone.Dexter Morgan
- Permalink: I built my life on Harry's code. I lived by it. But Harry lied. ...
Sergeant James Doakes: Morgan, what took you so long?
Vince Masuka: Playing "hide the salami" with Mr. Prosthetics?
Debra Morgan: I don't fuck and tell.
Vince Masuka: Since when?
Debra Morgan: Can we go inside? I'm kind of wet.
Vince Masuka: [going to say something witty]
Debra Morgan: Don't!
- Permalink: Morgan, what took you so long? Playing hide the salami with Mr...
Nothing like some Little Debbies and a worthy new adversary to clear my head.Dexter Morgan
- Permalink: Nothing like some Little Debbies and a worthy new adversary to c...
I can't kill Dr. Meridien yet. I still need another therapy session.Dexter Morgan
- Permalink: I can't kill Dr. Meridien yet. I still need another therapy sess...
For weeks, I've felt like a student in a master class. Is it really possible that the master's on the run? And even more tragic, does he live in a double-wide?Dexter Morgan
- Permalink: For weeks, I've felt like a student in a master class. Is it rea...
The FBI estimates that there are less than 50 serial killers active in the United States today. We don't get together at conventions, share trade secrets, or exchange Christmas cards...But sometimes I wonder what it's like for the others. The only sound I hear, the only sound in the entire world....is my heart beating.Dexter Morgan
- Permalink: The FBI estimates that there are less than 50 serial killers act...
Dexter Morgan: I'm a lot like you, you know?
Jeremy Downs: Yeah, right. You're a killer?
Dexter Morgan: I'm empty... but I found a way to make it feel less bottomless.
Jeremy Downs: How?
Dexter Morgan: Pretend. You pretend the feelings are there, for the world and for the people around you. Who knows, maybe one day they will be.
- Permalink: I'm a lot like you, you know? Yeah, right. You're a killer? ...
Dexter Morgan: I hate to break this to you Deb, but you know you've got the wrong guy here, right? The Ice Truck Killer drains the blood from his victims, freezes the bodies and only then severs thier limbs. It's clean and efficient, that's his psychological signature. Neil Perry on the other hand, stuffs roadkill.
Debra Morgan: Yeah! And turns 'em into fucked up fantasy shit.
Dexter Morgan: But the fantasies are all wrong! The guy we're lookin' for wouldn't turn dead dirty things into living cartoons, he'd find that pathetic.
Debra Morgan: How do you know?
Dexter Morgan: [pause] Because it is pathetic.
- Permalink: I hate to break this to you Deb, but you know you've got the wro...
Sergeant James Doakes: You've been asking who's been calling. My mom lives here.
Debra Morgan: Did you forget your laundry?
Sergeant James Doakes: She's been on me to stop by for dinner. So I'm stoppin' by. And here's the plan. We go in. We eat. We out before the cheesecake. You got it?
Debra Morgan: I'm, what, your exit strategy?
Sergeant James Doakes: Look, you can stay out here if you want. That gives me a better excuse to leave earlier or......you can come in and have some free food. It's your call.
Sergeant James Doakes: Shit! My sisters are here, too.
Debra Morgan: Fucking family reunion!
- Permalink: You've been asking who's been calling. My mom lives here. Did ...
Keeping the truth from the people closest to you is how you'll survive, and how you'll protect them if anything ever goes wrong.Harry Morgan
- Permalink: Keeping the truth from the people closest to you is how you'll s...
Maybe if I don't blink, my eyes will tear up.Dexter Morgan
- Permalink: Maybe if I don't blink, my eyes will tear up.
Dexter Morgan: I like to pretend I'm alone. Completely alone. Maybe post-apocalypse or plague... Whatever. No-one left to act normal for. No need to hide who I really am. It would be... freeing.
Sergeant Doakes: [Doakes seemingly walks up out of nowhere] Stop grinning like a fucking psycho and get back to work!
- Permalink: I like to pretend I'm alone. Completely alone. Maybe post-apocal...