Dexter Season 2 Episode 10: "There's Something About Harry" Quotes
Doakes: I'm not a killer.
Dexter: You are. That's why you've always known what I am. That's why you have more "officer-related" shootings than anybody else. Only I don't fuck with you when you shoot somebody, why couldn't you pay me the same professional courtesy?
Doakes: There's nothing professional about what you do. I kill when I have to, on the job.
Dexter: So, it's okay to take a life as long as you get a paycheck for it?
- Permalink: I'm not a killer. You are. That's why you've always known what...
Dexter: Why couldn't you just leave me to do my work in peace? Why'd you have to go and ruin everything?
Doakes: You're a killer. I catch killers.
Dexter: So do I. I caught you.
- Permalink: Why couldn't you just leave me to do my work in peace? Why'd you...
Dexter: I should warn you Sergeant, you can't play on my feelings. I don't have any.
Doakes: Oh really? Who's lying now?
- Permalink: I should warn you Sergeant, you can't play on my feelings. I don...
(voice over) Taking a life is one thing, but the care and feeding of it is another. I can't keep my problem locked away in a cabin forever. Harry always said there were plenty of people who deserved to die, but no matter how hard I close my eyes and wish, Doakes isn't one of them. Harry, he never prepared me for this one, what do I do? What would you do?Dexter
- Permalink: (voice over) Taking a life is one thing, but the care and feedin...
(voice over) I remember when life was easy, when the only question I worried about was, "Who's next?" Now it's, "How can I dodge my protective detail?" and "What should I do with my hostage?" These are not easy questions.Dexter
- Permalink: (voice over) I remember when life was easy, when the only questi...
Doakes: Now I think you got a conscience.
Dexter: Of course I have a conscience. I left you a place to shit, didn't I?
- Permalink: Now I think you got a conscience. Of course I have a conscienc...