Dexter Season 1 Quotes
Thank God for showers. Private time to think. Harder to come by now that I'm in a real relationship.Dexter Morgan
- Permalink: Thank God for showers. Private time to think. Harder to come by ...
I built my life on Harry's code. I lived by it. But Harry lied. Why would he do that? What else don't I know? My concrete foundation is turning to shifting sand. Maybe Rudy was right. You never can truly know anyone.Dexter Morgan
- Permalink: I built my life on Harry's code. I lived by it. But Harry lied. ...
Sergeant James Doakes: Morgan, what took you so long?
Vince Masuka: Playing "hide the salami" with Mr. Prosthetics?
Debra Morgan: I don't fuck and tell.
Vince Masuka: Since when?
Debra Morgan: Can we go inside? I'm kind of wet.
Vince Masuka: [going to say something witty]
Debra Morgan: Don't!
- Permalink: Morgan, what took you so long? Playing hide the salami with Mr...
Nothing like some Little Debbies and a worthy new adversary to clear my head.Dexter Morgan
- Permalink: Nothing like some Little Debbies and a worthy new adversary to c...
I can't kill Dr. Meridien yet. I still need another therapy session.Dexter Morgan
- Permalink: I can't kill Dr. Meridien yet. I still need another therapy sess...
For weeks, I've felt like a student in a master class. Is it really possible that the master's on the run? And even more tragic, does he live in a double-wide?Dexter Morgan
- Permalink: For weeks, I've felt like a student in a master class. Is it rea...
The FBI estimates that there are less than 50 serial killers active in the United States today. We don't get together at conventions, share trade secrets, or exchange Christmas cards...But sometimes I wonder what it's like for the others. The only sound I hear, the only sound in the entire world....is my heart beating.Dexter Morgan
- Permalink: The FBI estimates that there are less than 50 serial killers act...
Dexter Morgan: I'm a lot like you, you know?
Jeremy Downs: Yeah, right. You're a killer?
Dexter Morgan: I'm empty... but I found a way to make it feel less bottomless.
Jeremy Downs: How?
Dexter Morgan: Pretend. You pretend the feelings are there, for the world and for the people around you. Who knows, maybe one day they will be.
- Permalink: I'm a lot like you, you know? Yeah, right. You're a killer? ...
Dexter Morgan: I hate to break this to you Deb, but you know you've got the wrong guy here, right? The Ice Truck Killer drains the blood from his victims, freezes the bodies and only then severs thier limbs. It's clean and efficient, that's his psychological signature. Neil Perry on the other hand, stuffs roadkill.
Debra Morgan: Yeah! And turns 'em into fucked up fantasy shit.
Dexter Morgan: But the fantasies are all wrong! The guy we're lookin' for wouldn't turn dead dirty things into living cartoons, he'd find that pathetic.
Debra Morgan: How do you know?
Dexter Morgan: [pause] Because it is pathetic.
- Permalink: I hate to break this to you Deb, but you know you've got the wro...