Emily Owens, M.D. Season 1 Episode 1: "Pilot" Quotes
The thing about being an adult that no one tells you growing up is that you don't feel like an adult. All your stupid insecurities and anxieties are still there, only you feel more stupid and insecure about being stupid and insecure because you're not supposed be stupid and insecure anymore. You're supposed have the answers. You're supposed to know. But we don't always know. And those answers? They're not always easy to come by. Well you know what? I'm done feeling stupid and insecure about feeling stupid and insecure. The truth is, I think part of being an adult is that you stop waiting for yourself to change and you start to accept who you are.Emily
- Permalink: The thing about being an adult that no one tells you growing up ...
Thanks for covering for me. You're way cooler than you look.Tyra
- Permalink: Thanks for covering for me. You're way cooler than you look.
Emily: But why are you such a bitch to me? What did I ever do to you?
Cassandra: Oh, come on. You really need me to say it? Everything always came so easy to you. Not the looks thing, but the school thing.
Emily: You were jealous?
Cassandra: I wouldn't say jealous.
- Permalink: But why are you such a bitch to me? What did I ever do to you? ...
Cassandra: I don't need your pity. I'm still a bitch.
Emily: Trust me. I know. You're a huge bitch.
Cassandra: Thank you. I appreciate that.
- Permalink: I don't need your pity. I'm still a bitch. Trust me. I know. Y...
Emily: You must think I'm incredibly self-absorbed.
Micah: No, just human. Now hand over the Ring Dings and get back to work.
- Permalink: You must think I'm incredibly self-absorbed. No, just human. N...
Micah: Doreen said she saw you come in here with half the vending machine. You alright?
Emily: Yeah, I'm really great. Except Gina hates me, my balvery backfired, my high school nemesis is being very nefarious, and these are stale.
Micah: I'm sorry. You lost me at...balvery?
- Permalink: Doreen said she saw you come in here with half the vending machi...
[to Will] I don't want to be that shy girl always wishing that her life would turn out the way I want it to. I have to make it turn out the way I want it to. And what I want, what I really, really want, is you.Emily
- Permalink: I don't want to be that shy girl always wishing that her life wo...
If we don't tell them, someone else might get there first. That's what happened to Jacob. And Bella ended up having Edward's alien baby. Which would blow.12 year old patient
- Permalink: If we don't tell them, someone else might get there first. That'...
Tyra: You've got your jocks, aka the orthopedic surgeons. Mean girls go into plastics. Your All-American, girl next door types, they're gonna be in OB. The true geeks, they're the neurologists. The rebels are in the ER. Stoners, anesthesia, and peds gets your sanctimonious church-goers.
Emily: How about us.
Tyra: Surgery's a melting pot, a little bit of everything, which basically means none of us get along.
- Permalink: You've got your jocks, aka the orthopedic surgeons. Mean girls g...
I wasn't one of those kids who thrived in high school. I was geeky. Alright, I was very geeky...high school was rough. But, you know what got me through? The knowledge that I'd outgrow all those feelings of insecurity and inEmily
- Permalink: I wasn't one of those kids who thrived in high school. I was gee...
Want more Emily Owens, M.D.?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!