Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
Oh, my sweet summer child! What do you know about fear? Fear is for the winter, when the snows fall a hundred feet deep; fear is for the Long Night, when the sun hides for years and children are born and live and die all in darkness. That is the time for fear, my little Lord.Old Nan
- Permalink: Oh, my sweet summer child! What do you know about fear? Fear is ...
If you're going to be a cripple, it's better to be a rich cripple. Take care, Snow.Tyrion
- Permalink: If you're going to be a cripple, it's better to be a rich crippl...
Not this time. We'll be staying at the finest castles and inns. No one turns away a Lannister.Tyrion
- Permalink: Not this time. We'll be staying at the finest castles and inns. ...
Tyrion: Do you think I'm plump? Listen, Benjen, may I call you Benjen?
Benjen: Call me what you like.
Tyrion: I'm not sure what I've done to offend you. I have great admiration for the Night's Watch, and for you as First Ranger.
Benjen: You know my brother once told me? That nothing someone says before the word but really counts.
Tyrion: But, I don't believe that giants and ghouls and white walkers are lurking beyond the wall. I believe that the only difference between us and the wildlings is that when that wall went up, our ancestors happened to live on the right side of it.
- Permalink: Do you think I'm plump? Listen, Benjen, may I call you Benjen? ...
Tyrion: And how do a bear's balls taste?
Yoren: A bit chewy. What about you, milord. What's the strangest thing you've eaten?
Tyrion: Do Dornish girls count?
- Permalink: And how do a bear's balls taste? A bit chewy. What about you, ...
King Robert: Your outlaw, any last words?
Jaime: I cut his head off, so, no.
King Robert: What about Aerys Targaryen? What did the Mad King say when you stabbed him in the back? I never asked. Did he call you a traitor? Did he plead for a reprieve.
Jaime: He said the same thing he'd been saying for hours. Burn them all. If that's all, your Grace.
- Permalink: Your outlaw, any last words? I cut his head off, so, no. Wha...
The boy won't talk. And if he does, I'll kill him. Him, Ned Stark, the King, the whole bloody lot of them until you and I are the only people left in this world.Jaime
- Permalink: The boy won't talk. And if he does, I'll kill him. Him, Ned Star...
Cersei: How could you be so stupid?
Jaime: Calm down.
Cersei: He's a child. Ten years old. What were you thinking?
Jaime: I was thinking of us. You're a bit late to start complaining about it now. What has the boy told them?
Cersei: Nothing. He's said nothing, he remembers nothing.
Jaime: Then what are you raving about?
Cersei: What if it comes back to him, he tells his father what happened.
Jaime: We'll say he was lying, we'll say he was dreaming, we'll say whatever we want to say. I think we can outfox a ten year old.
- Permalink: How could you be so stupid? Calm down. He's a child. Ten yea...
Tyrion: I'm looking at you. Yes, you. You've got an interesting face. Very distinctive faces, all of them.
Grenn: What do you care about our faces?
Tyrion: I think they would look marvelous decorating spikes in King's Landing. Perhaps I'll write my sister, the queen, about them.
- Permalink: I'm looking at you. Yes, you. You've got an interesting face. Ve...
Tell me, if I stabbed the Mad King is the belly instead of the back, would you admire me more?Jaime
- Permalink: Tell me, if I stabbed the Mad King is the belly instead of the b...
Jaime: It must be strange for you, coming into this room. I was standing right here when it happened. He was very brave, your brother. Your father, too. They didn't deserve to die like that. Nobody deserves to die like that.
Ned: But you just stood here and watched.
Jaime: Five hundred men stood here and watched. All the great knights of the seven kingdoms. Do you think anyone said a word, lifted a finger? No, Lord Stark, 500 men and this room was silent as a crypt. Except for the screams, of course, and the Mad King laughing. And, later, when I watched the Mad King die, I remembered him laughing as your father burned. It felt like justice.
- Permalink: It must be strange for you, coming into this room. I was standin...
Ned: Very handsome armor. Not a scratch on it.
Jaime: People have been swinging at me for years, they always seem to miss.
Ned: You've chosen your opponents wisely.
Jaime: I have a knack for it.
- Permalink: Very handsome armor. Not a scratch on it. People have been swi...