Grey's Anatomy Season 7 Episode 10: "Adrift and at Peace" Quotes
You look really pretty.Arizona
- Permalink: You look really pretty.
The goal of any surgery is total recovery - to come out better than you were before. Some patients heal quickly and feel immediate relief. For others the healing happens gradually, and it's not until months or even years later that you realize you don't hurt anymore. So the challenge after any surgery is to be patient. But if you can make it through the first weeks and months, if you believe that healing is possible, then you can get your life back. But that's a big if.Meredith
- Permalink: The goal of any surgery is total recovery - to come out better t...
Teddy: I have great medical insurance.
Henry: Way to kick a guy when he's down.
Teddy: I'm... I'm saying... I'm saying that I'll marry you.
Henry: Uh, that's a really generous offer, but I can't.
Teddy: I'm a doctor. I took an oath, and I can't leave you now anymore than I could leave you bleeding out in the street.
- Permalink: I have great medical insurance. Way to kick a guy when he's d...
I'm still awesome.Callie
- Permalink: I'm still awesome.
I know right now all you can see are the machines and the damage, but he's still there.Meredith
- Permalink: I know right now all you can see are the machines and the damage...
Jonas Salk cured polio. Miranda Bailey is going to cure fistula.Bailey
- Permalink: Jonas Salk cured polio. Miranda Bailey is going to cure fistula.
You are fearless, and I don't mean that in a good way. Most people don't tell the guy with the gun to shoot them. Most people are like Cristina. Most people are afraid. So what she needs isn't what you need. She isn't you, Meredith.Owen
- Permalink: You are fearless, and I don't mean that in a good way. Most peop...
She [Cristina] needs to work because surgery is who we are.Meredith
- Permalink: She needs to work because surgery is who we are.
Owen: Do you want to know what I think? I think you are reckless. I think you are reckless with your own life and today you were reckless with a patient's life. I don't care who you are. I don't want that in my OR, and I don't want that around my wife who is struggling just to hold on.
Meredith: Your wife is struggling just to hold on because you married her and let it be ok for her to completely fall apart.
- Permalink: Do you want to know what I think? I think you are reckless. I th...
Get out of my OR.Owen
- Permalink: Get out of my OR.
Eli: She's [Lexie's] bossy.
Mark: I know. I dig it.
- Permalink: She's bossy. I know. I dig it.
Sparkle... that was the name of my pony.April
- Permalink: Sparkle... that was the name of my pony.
She [Christina] doesn't do the wildnerness. There aren't even any bathrooms in the wilderness.Meredith
- Permalink: She doesn't do the wildnerness. There aren't even any bathrooms...
The first 24 hours after surgery are critical. Every breath you take, every fluid you make, is meticulously reported and analyzed. Celebrated or mourned. But what about the next 24 hours? What happens with that first day turns to two and weeks turn into months? What happens when the immediate danger has passed, when the machines are disconnected and the teams of doctors and nurses are gone? Surgery is when you get saved, but post-op, after surgery, is when you heal. But, what if you don't?Meredith
- Permalink: The first 24 hours after surgery are critical. Every breath you ...