Grey's Anatomy Season 5 Episode 1: "Dream a Little Dream of Me" Quotes
Meredith: If I'm going to do this, and be whole and healthy and be a warm, gooey person who lives with a boy... then I need you on board. I need you to cheer me on. Because you're the only one who knows me. Darkly. Really knows me. I need you to pretend that I can do this even if you don't believe. Because if you abandon me now, I will never make it, and I will never get my happy ending and that's just...
Meredith: I'm saying please here.
- Permalink: If I'm going to do this, and be whole and healthy and be a warm,...
Cristina: Mer, why do you care what I think?
Meredith: Because you're my person!
- Permalink: Mer, why do you care what I think? Because you're my person!
Meredith: I'm sorry about chasing Alex.
Izzie: I forgive you.
- Permalink: I'm sorry about chasing Alex. I forgive you.
Cristina: What do you see?
Intern #1: Hmm. It kinda looks like it's hitting nothing?
Cristina: Oh, it looks like it's hitting nothing. Because it's hitting nothing!
Intern #2: What does that mean?
Cristina: What does that mean, what does that mean?! Don't you know how to read an X-ray?
- Permalink: What do you see? Hmm. It kinda looks like it's hitting nothing...
Lexie: Were you in love with her?
George: I thought I was? I was scared to admit it but I did not that she, uh, did not like me that way, and... I did it anyway. I shouldn't have, because, besides just being... so selfish, to try to make her want me that way, I just ...
- Permalink: Were you in love with her? I thought I was? I was scared to ad...
George: Like I said I made a lot of mistakes last year, but I'm trying to get back on track, and I gotta do it by myself, so...
Lexie: The only reason I wanted to help is that, um, I... I feel like you and I are more than just ... roommates.
George: We are more than just roommates.
Lexie: We are?
George: Yeah we're friends ... I mean right now I'd probably say you're one of my best friends.
- Permalink: Like I said I made a lot of mistakes last year, but I'm trying t...
Cristina: I... I... don't even know you.
- Permalink: I... I... don't even know you. So?
Richard: I also heard a story that you constructed an O.R. table from an exploded Humvee in the middle of the desert, is that true?
Owen: Well, you have to be innovative in the middle of the desert.
Richard: You have to be innovative everywhere. How would you like a job, Dr. Hunt?
Owen: I... appreciate the offer, but I have to go back to the sand pit. Finish my tour.
- Permalink: I also heard a story that you constructed an O.R. table from an ...
Owen: You'd be good in the field. You've got this battle scar, you'd fit right in.
Cristina: Yeah, right ...
Owen: I'm serious. You should ditch this place. Go for the adventure. You telling me this place gives you a rush? A high?
Cristina: [pauses] Yeah ...
- Permalink: You'd be good in the field. You've got this battle scar, you'd f...
Lexie: What if he doesn't like me back?
Mark: He's an idiot.
- Permalink: What if he doesn't like me back? He's an idiot.
Mark: You're never at a loss for words with your patients. You never hesitate to tell me how you feel. So why not tell O'Malley.
Lexie: You are the last person who should be giving romantic advice.
Mark: When I like somebody I make sure they know it. Life's too short to live any other way.
- Permalink: You're never at a loss for words with your patients. You never h...
Rose: I'm sorry about the hand.
Derek: These things happen.
Rose: Not to me they don't. Or they didn't, before you existed for me.
- Permalink: I'm sorry about the hand. These things happen. Not to me the...
[narrating] We all remember the bed time stories of our childhood. The shoe fit Cinderella, the frog was turned into a prince, sleeping beauty was awakened with a kiss. Once upon a time and then they lived happily ever after. Fairy tales. The stuff of dreams. the problem is, fairy tales don't come true. It's the other stories. The ones that start in dark and stormy nights and end in the unspeakable. The nightmares always seem to become the reality.Meredith
- Permalink: We all remember the bed time stories of our childhood. The shoe ...
Meredith: What happened!?
Cristina: A bus in front of him hit a telephone pole. He tried to swerve and miss it, but ...
Meredith: How bad is it?
Richard: Meredith -
Cristina: Meredith, you're gonna have to be strong.
- Permalink: What happened!? A bus in front of him hit a telephone pole. He...