Grey's Anatomy Season 5 Episode 12: "Sympathy for the Devil" Quotes
Carolyn: Your father always wanted you to have this for the right girl. Addy wasn't right clearly.
Derek: You spent less than an hour with Meredith, you barely even know her.
Carolyn: I know enough. I know its easier to have compassion for a good person than a murderer. I know how angry you are about what happened to Dad.
Derek: Of course I'm angry. Aren't you?
Carolyn: I still can't sleep on his side of the bed, the mattress is wearing unevenly. But no, no, not angry. Not anymore. Oh sweetheart, you see things in black and white.
Carolyn: Meredith doesn't.
Carolyn: You need a spoonful of that. You need her. She's the one.
- Permalink: Your father always wanted you to have this for the right girl. A...
Mark: Mrs. Shepherd's coming... to Seattle?
Mark: So that woman practically raised me...taught me right from wrong. If she found that I was ... with you ... that we were... You're Meredith Grey's little sister. You are forbidden fruit. You are twenty-five. You're a fetus.
Lexie: Twenty-four. I skipped third grade.
Mark: I feel dirty.
- Permalink: Mrs. Shepherd's coming... to Seattle? So? So that woman prac...
Mark: Why do you have to live in Meredith's attic? How am I supposed to sneak out of here with a frat party going on downstairs? Don't you kids ever sleep?
Lexie: They're cleaning the house for Dr. Shepherd's mom.
- Permalink: Why do you have to live in Meredith's attic? How am I supposed t...
Derek: You are wearing an alarmingly high ponytail.
Meredith: Your mother is coming!
- Permalink: You are wearing an alarmingly high ponytail. Your mother is co...
Shut up! Respectfully. Respectfully shut up. Because we've got organs.Alex (to Bailey and Arizona)
- Permalink: Shut up! Respectfully. Respectfully shut up. Because we've got o...
I think it's nice. Your date. I think you and the pig murderer make a really good couple.Izzie (to Cristina)
- Permalink: I think it's nice. Your date. I think you and the pig murderer m...
Carolyn: You've been avoidng me.
Mark: What? No.
Carolyn: You've got that same look on your face as you did when you were ten years old. You put Derek's favorite frog into the microwave.
- Permalink: You've been avoidng me. What? No. You've got that same look ...
Carolyn: How many sexual partners have you had? I won't judge.
Lexie: Six. No, seven. Kind of six. Kind of seven.
Carolyn: Criminal record?
Lexie: Speeding ticket.
Carolyn: How fast?
Lexie: Twelve miles over.
Carolyn: That's fast.
Lexie: It wasn't too ... it was way too fast, but I was downhill. I was coasting, ma'am.
Carolyn: Now I don't suppose you can tell me ... where the gift shop is?
- Permalink: How many sexual partners have you had? I won't judge. Six. No,...
Mark: Pain and agony for a little bit of pleasure? I get it.
Callie: If it's that bad, why don't you stop sl- ... doing what you're doing.
Mark: Because it doesn't feel bad when I'm ... doing it. It's good. It's great. And maybe if you weren't so scared of getting burned, you'd feel the same.
- Permalink: Pain and agony for a little bit of pleasure? I get it. If it's...