One Tree Hill Season 2 Episode 6: "We Might As Well Be Strangers" Quotes
Brooke: This means that I would actually have to study to get into college.
Peyton: Oh my god, the horror!
- Permalink: This means that I would actually have to study to get into colle...
Peyton: You know, it's real punk to be up at 7 am doing inventory.
Chris: I never went to sleep.
- Permalink: You know, it's real punk to be up at 7 am doing inventory. I n...
Peyton: Huh. Well, I guess those that can't do, sell records. You insult all your customers this way?
Chris: Well, since we're not really open, you're not really a customer.
Peyton: Whatever, I'm going to school.
Chris: Don't forget your 'Get Up Kids' lunch box.
- Permalink: Huh. Well, I guess those that can't do, sell records. You insult...
Chris: Sorry, we're closed.
Peyton: Yeah, I know. I was just wondering if I could post this flyer on your board. I'm auditioning bands for a local talent night.
Chris: All ages night? Tell you what, you can post it if you take your shirt off.
Peyton: Excuse me?
Chris: Emo's crap. [Peyton's t-shirt says 'Finding Emo']. Gives punk a bad name.
Peyton: You think?
Chris: I do.
- Permalink: Sorry, we're closed. Yeah, I know. I was just wondering if I c...
Whitey: What are you doing here?
Lucas: I just wanted to say hello.
Whitey: You've said it.
Lucas: Nathan got into High Flyers. And, he couldn't have done it without you, so I ... I just thought you'd care to know.
Whitey: Son, the mistake you're making is you think I care. About you, about the team, about anything. I lost the only thing I cared about a long time ago.
Lucas: You know, I have this picture in my room, of the team, from your 500th win. Now the man in that photo looks like a guy to me that still cares about something. We need you coach... Not just to win games. We need you in our lives. Have the surgery.
- Permalink: What are you doing here? I just wanted to say hello. You've ...
Lady: [at yard sale] We'll take this one.
Brooke: Sorry it's not for sale.
Lady: But the price tag says $150.
Brooke: Oh that's a mistake. The one must be a four.
Lady: Okay $450 then. Here you go.
- Permalink: We'll take this one. Sorry it's not for sale. But the price ...
Brooke: How do you do it?
Nathan: Do what?
Brooke: You gave up your family's money to be poor, Nate.
Nathan: You know what they say Brooke, money can't buy love.
Brooke: Maybe so, but my mom sure had a good run renting it for a while.
- Permalink: How do you do it? Do what? You gave up your family's money t...
Haley: Hi. We didn't recognize the address. We won't buy anything.
Brooke: It's ok, we sold my pride around 8:30. I'd rather see you wearing my clothes than these 50 year old wannabes. So I'll give you the good friend discount.
- Permalink: Hi. We didn't recognize the address. We won't buy anything. 30....
Brooke: Just take it.
Mouth: No, I insist.
Brooke: Thanks Mouth.
- Permalink: Just take it. No, I insist. Thanks Mouth.
Brooke: Hey, be careful with that. It's Venetian, and I'm not talking Vegas. You finding anything?
Mouth: Just this picture frame. [the frame still has a picture of Brooke inside].
- Permalink: Hey, be careful with that. It's Venetian, and I'm not talking Ve...
Lucas: What is Felix's deal anyway?
Anna: He's not as bad as he seems.
Lucas: So why didn't you tell Felix about me.
Anna: It just never came up.
Lucas: Look, Anna... I like you. And, I think, if we hang out I'm just gonna like you more, but, I don't wanna sneak around. You gotta talk to Felix.
- Permalink: What is Felix's deal anyway? He's not as bad as he seems. So...
Lucas: [voiceover] Katherine Anne Porter once said: There seems to be a kind of order in the universe in the movement of the stars and in the turning of the earth and the changing of the seasons. But human life is almost pure chaos. Everyone takes his stance, asserts his own rights and feelings, mistaking the motives of others, and his own.
- Permalink: There seems to be a kind of order in the universe in the movemen...