Scandal Season 2 Episode 10: "One for the Dog" Quotes
James: I just called my boss and quit. I'm not a reporter anymore.
Cyrus: I'm not chief of staff anymore. Let's go get our baby.
- Permalink: I just called my boss and quit. I'm not a reporter anymore. I'...
[to Huck] Welcome home.Quinn
- Permalink: Welcome home.
Becky: By the time I reach for my gun, you'll have put four bullets in me.
Huck: Five. One for the dog.
- Permalink: By the time I reach for my gun, you'll have put four bullets in ...
Liv, I won't let you down this time. I promise.Huck
- Permalink: Liv, I won't let you down this time. I promise.
Edison: I am the leader of the Senate. If my job description requires, I won't hesitate to prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law. And guess what? I make the law. So you talk it over with whomever you need to talk it over with and you let me know when the President is ready to see me.
Olivia: Goodbye, Edison.
- Permalink: I am the leader of the Senate. If my job description requires, I...
Mellie: How are you holding up?
Olivia: Me? I'm fine.
Mellie: It's not easy living a lie, pretending everything's perfect when it's not. I learned that lesson a while ago. I keep asking myself, what am I going to do? I mean, I can keep the stories going for so long until...What if he never wakes? What am I gonna do? What are you going to do? Do you ever ask wonder that? What you're gonna do without him?
- Permalink: How are you holding up? Me? I'm fine. It's not easy living a...
[to Olivia] Leap of faith? It's swallowing tacks and expecting to puke up a unicorn.Sally
- Permalink: Leap of faith? It's swallowing tacks and expecting to puke up a ...
[to Sally] In a game of Texas Hold 'Em, and that's all that life ever really is, you never want to tip your hand. So get someone else to do your bidding.Hollis
- Permalink: In a game of Texas Hold 'Em, and that's all that life ever reall...
There's a whole other layer of D.C., you know, where real politics happen. Where decisions are made. Not about democracy or the flag, but power. This is about things that go bump in the night. Stuff that regular Americans never hear about. This is the real deal. We don't question Liv on this.Harrison
- Permalink: There's a whole other layer of D.C., you know, where real politi...
Harrison: We're out of our depth. Liv runs with the big dogs. And you know, I'm starting to think...
Harrison: Liv worked in the White House. The President was shot. Huck's in jail for doing it. One of the richest men--Hollis Doyle--might be behind it. This is next level stuff. Grassy knoll-level stuff.
- Permalink: We're out of our depth. Liv runs with the big dogs. And you know...
[to David] No one wants to see you succeed more than I do, but you can't just talk about wearing the white hat. You can't just fight the good fight. We live in the real world. Remember that.Pat
- Permalink: No one wants to see you succeed more than I do, but you can't ju...
Pat: I just wanted to see how things were going.
David: I can't tell you because telling you would be a violation of the Patriot Act and I might end up in the basement of the Pentagon being beaten and then waterboarded to within an inch of my life. Not that that ever happens.
- Permalink: I just wanted to see how things were going. I can't tell you b...