Sex and the City Quotes
Carrie: Samantha, where are you going?
Samantha: I'm gonna splash some water on my face, and then I'm going home. And I will not be judged by you or society. I will wear whatever, and blow whomever I want, as long as I can breathe and kneel.
- Permalink: Samantha, where are you going? I'm gonna splash some water on ...
(Charlotte walks into the room in a very revealing dress)
Miranda: Charlotte, are you in there?
Carrie: No, but I think Harlot is.
- Permalink: Charlotte, are you in there? No, but I think Harlot is.
Miranda: I can't go. I'm just...not ready to be separated from the baby.
Miranda: I'm kidding! Steve took him two hours ago. I'm free, I'm free!!
- Permalink: I can't go. I'm just...not ready to be separated from the baby. ...
That's what I said yesterday about eating bread, and I just ordered pancakes.Miranda
- Permalink: That's what I said yesterday about eating bread, and I just orde...
How many guys do we ever hit it off with? Very few, and even if we do, those relationships don't last, and even if they did, men die first, so we're right back where we started.Carrie
- Permalink: How many guys do we ever hit it off with? Very few, and even if ...
(Responding to a drunk guy who said Miranda had a fat ass)
Samantha: For your information, her ass is fat because she just had a baby! What's your excuse?
Carrie: Yeah, you having triplets?
- Permalink: For your information, her ass is fat because she just had a baby...
Samantha: Who picked this breast-aurant?
Carrie: Cleavage is big here, it's part of the regional charm.
- Permalink: Who picked this breast-aurant? Cleavage is big here, it's part...
Miranda: No original sin, no renouncing of Satan...
Steve: (To his mother) Its not that she's a fan of Satan, its just that she doesn't want to talk about him.
- Permalink: No original sin, no renouncing of Satan... Its not that she's...
Samantha: (About her ring) It's from Richard. I think it's his way of saying "I'm sorry".
Carrie: Wow! What do you get if it happens again? The Hope Diamond?
Samantha: That's what this is. The "Hope that F***er doesn't break my heart again" Diamond.
- Permalink: It's from Richard. I think it's his way of saying I'm sorry. W...
Samantha: I'm back with Richard.
Charlotte: Richard whose death we've been plotting?
- Permalink: I'm back with Richard. Richard whose death we've been plotting...
To be honest, I wasn't sure what I belived. But my cynical side suspected optimism would sell more books.Carrie
- Permalink: To be honest, I wasn't sure what I belived. But my cynical side ...
Miranda: Brady has to get baptized, and wear a dress.
Carrie: Baby's first drag show.
- Permalink: Brady has to get baptized, and wear a dress. Baby's first drag...
Charlotte is trying to decide whether to have anal sex with a man she's dating.
Miranda: It all depends on how much you like him?
Charlotte: A lot.
Miranda: "Dating a few months until somebody better comes along a lot", or "marrying him and moving to the East Hampton's" a lot?
Charlottte: I don't know, I'm not sure.
Miranda: Well, you better get sure real quick.
Charlotte: You're scaring me.
Carrie: Don't scare her.
Miranda: It's all about control. If he goes up there, there's gonna be a shift in power, either he'll have the upper hand or you will. Now there's a certain camp that believe whoever holds the dick, holds the power. (Cab Driver turns around) Hello, you're driving! The question is, if he goes up your butt, will he respect you more or respect you less? That's the issue.
Cab Driver: No smoking in cab.
Carrie: Sir, were talking "up the butt", a cigarette is in order.
(Cuts to Samantha now in the cab)
Samantha: Front. Back. Who cares? A hole is a hole.
Miranda: Can I quote you?
Samantha: Don't be so judgmental. You could use a little back door.
Charlotte: I'm not a hole.
Carrie: Honey, we know.
Samantha: Look, all I'm saying is this is a physical expression, that the body, well, it was designed to experience. And p.s., it's fabulous.
- Permalink: Charlotte is trying to decide whether to have anal sex with a ma...
I will never be the woman with the perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it, and chair committees, and write thank you notes, and I can't feel bad about that.Carrie
- Permalink: I will never be the woman with the perfect hair, who can wear wh...