The Good Wife Season 1 Quotes
Will: Kids are excited?
Alicia: Yeah... but nervous.
Will: And you?
- Permalink: Kids are excited? Yeah... but nervous. And you? Same.
I think I've just been visited by the Marlboro Man.Diane
- Permalink: I think I've just been visited by the Marlboro Man.
Alicia: I'm better than Cary. On the Broussard homicide. On the eyewitness cross. I've been working on this for three months, intensely, and Cary is just coming on.
Diane: I agree.
Alicia: You... Well, then, why? Why... why was I pulled off it?
Diane: I don't know. It wasn't my idea.
- Permalink: I'm better than Cary. On the Broussard homicide. On the eyewitne...
Alicia, you're a good lawyer, but you're always waiting for people to give you things.Kalinda
- Permalink: Alicia, you're a good lawyer, but you're always waiting for peop...
Eli Gold: You know, you and I are going to be the best of friends, Mrs. Florrick. And you know why?
Alicia: I have no idea.
Eli Gold: Because you're cautious, and so am I. Your husband isn't.
- Permalink: You know, you and I are going to be the best of friends, Mrs. Fl...
"See I have a lot of friends I'm sure you do to but the only difference is my friends are not in homeroom. So I want you to listen to me, stop tweeting, if you tweet I will know you tweet and I will...have you seen drag me to hell? It will be just like that."Eli Gold
- Permalink: See I have a lot of friends I'm sure you do to but the only diff...
Diane: This is a power play, pure and simple.
Will: Nothing here is pure, and nothing here is simple.
- Permalink: This is a power play, pure and simple. Nothing here is pure, a...
Diane: Didn't we agree to not take this?
Will: No, we agreed to cut the flowers and the paper cups. The least I can do is take the cases I want.
Diane: You sure this isn't pride?
Will: Of course, it's pride. What's wrong with pride? Pride built the pyramids.
Diane: And Watergate.
- Permalink: Didn't we agree to not take this? No, we agreed to cut the flo...
I understand that, Your Honor, but we both know if you don't use the proper form of 'sustained' or 'overruled', the matter can't later be appealed. And I was surprised in reviewing your past court cases, how often you encouraged lawyers to move on without actually ruling, therefore avoided having your non rulings overturned on appeal. (he pauses) In my opinion.Will
- Permalink: I understand that, Your Honor, but we both know if you don't use...
Will: Do you have a map?
AUSA Rivers: Do I have a what?
Will: A map, so I can show you where you live. That, my friend, was a Chicago defense. Get used to it.
- Permalink: Do you have a map? Do I have a what? A map, so I can show yo...
Alicia: How about over here? Did you check this drawer?
Peter: What is it you need to hear from me? I will never touch another woman again.
Alicia: What do you want, a prize, Peter? It seems to be the minimum prerequesite.
Peter: For both of us.
- Permalink: How about over here? Did you check this drawer? What is it you...
I found condoms in your bedside table. I was looking for your letter opener. I thought maybe they belonged to Zach. You know, you found them in his room. But then I thought you wouldn't take them. You'd have a sensible conversation with him about responsibility. So then, I thought they were yours. But that didn't make sense because you have an IUD.Peter
- Permalink: I found condoms in your bedside table. I was looking for your le...
Alicia Florrick: The last time I was in Court it was 13 years ago.
Kalinda Sharma: Wow, I was twelve!
Alicia Florrick: Thanks.
- Permalink: The last time I was in Court it was 13 years ago. Wow, I was t...
Jackie Florrick: He needs you to forgive him, Alicia.
Alicia Florrick: He took everything I thought we had and he just put it out there.
Jackie Florrick: He didn't want that. The press...
Alicia Florrick: Oh, Jackie, stop it! Peter wasn't thinking of us.
- Permalink: He needs you to forgive him, Alicia. He took everything I thou...