True Detective Quotes
Once there was only dark. If you ask me, the light is winning.Rust
- Permalink: Once there was only dark. If you ask me, the light is winning.
Marty: You still see things ever?
Rust: It never stops not really. What happened to my head is not something that gets better.
Rust: As sentient meat, however illusory our identities are, we craft those identities by making value judgements. Everybody judges all the time. Now, you got a problem with that, you're living wrong.
Marty: What's scented meat?
- Permalink: What's scented meat?
It's hard to find something in a man who rejects people as much as you do.Marty
Something's been bugging me the last ten years. Not ever day, just now and then. When we went at it, the day you quit, were you holding back?Marty
My life's been a circle of violence and degradation, as long as I can remember. I'm ready to tie it off.Rust
Marty: He ain't gonna talk with you.
Rust: I got a car battery and two jumpers cables that argue different.
- Permalink: I got a car battery and two jumpers cables that argue different.
Marty: If you were drowning, I'd throw you a fuckin barbell. Why would I ever help you?
Rust: Because you have a debt.
- Permalink: Because you have a debt.
Rust: A man remembers his debts.
Marty: I don't dwell in the past.
- Permalink: I don't dwell in the past.
Rust: Life's barely long enough to get good at one thing.
Marty: If that long.
- Permalink: If that long.
I had my time where I wondered if this was all in my head. That time passed.Rust
I've seen more souls lost down a bottle than any pit. At the same time, it's hard to trust a man who can't trust himself with a beer.Reverend Tuttle
Martin: You wonder ever if you're a bad man?
Rust: No I don't wonder Marty. The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door.
- Permalink: No I don't wonder Marty. The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door.
- Rating: 4.8 / 5.0
The hubris it must take to yank a soul out of non existence, into this, meat. And to force a life into this, thresher. Yeah so my daughter, she uh, she spared me the sin of being a father.Rust
- Permalink: The hubris it must take to yank a soul out of non existence, into this, meat. And to force a...
- Rating: 4.8 / 5.0