Let's go over the premiere of Blue Blood, shall we?
- The Reagans are a family with a long professional history in the NYPD.
- Police Commissioner Frank Reagan’s family includes sons Danny, a veteran detective, Jamie, a newly graduated Police recruit, and daughter Erin, an assistant district attorney.
- Danny is plunged into the case of a kidnapped child. She is a diabetic and has 24 hours until she must have her insulin.
- Danny and his partner’s investigation leads them to the perpetrator. When he refuses to tell them the location of the girl, Danny attempts to drown him in a toilet to get him to talk. It works. The girl is found but the case is in jeopardy due to Danny’s tactics.
- With the help of his father’s advice and further inquiry, Danny proves that the man also killed a girl in Florida and will now face charges there.
- Jamie Reagan is approached about joining an investigation concerning a secret police society know as the Blue Templar. The investigation may involve his grandfather Henry’s history in the NYPD and the death of Jamie’s older brother who was killed on the job.