Settle in, Smallville fans: we've got season nine scoop galore!
Following last week's detailed look at upcoming storylines on the show, the cast and crew of this CW hit gathered at Comic-Con in San Diego and revealed even more information about what's to come.
Led by executive producer Brian Peterson, here's what the Smallville panel opened up about at the festival...
- The theme of season nine will be "Clark's darkest hour."
- Expect a season-long love triangle involving Clark, Lois, and Red-Blue Blur.
- Chloe will still be grieving over Jimmy's death. She'll soon grow displeased with just Clarke's sidekick.
- Terence Stamp returns as Jor-El and shares an important scene with Clark in the season premiere.
- By the third episode, Oliver's downward spiral will be in full swing.
- Battlestar Galactica's Alessandro Juliani will reprise his role as Dr. Emil Hamilton for several episodes.
Peterson also hinted that he is not looking at this season as Smallville's last. There's plenty more story to tell, he said, much to the delight of fans in attendance.