The following events went down on The Vampire Diaries Season finale:
- Bonnie successfully cast a spell that made Jeremy alive again, only she had to die for real. She did so in front him and made him promise to tell everyone else that she was spending the summer with her mom.
- Elena chose Damon.
- Matt went off on a road trip with Rebekah.
- Klaus told Caroline that Tyler was free to return to Mystic Falls.
- Elena force fed The Cure to Katherine during a fight.
- Stefan went to bury Silas for good, only to discover that he had escaped and because he created the immortality curse 2,000 years ago, nature needed to create a balance in the form of a doppleganger who could die. That doppleganger? Stefan. The finale ended with Silas looking like Stefan - his true self - and locking Stefan in a safe and throwing him into the water.