Killing off a character isn't always enough of a statement. Having them die in an excruciating, horrific manner may not be enough to please the TV gods. There are plenty of ways TV series can twist the knife to make a character's demise extra tragic.
One notorious method is to remind or reveal to the audience the departed character was expecting a child when he died. Now, he'll never get a chance to hold the baby, hear the first words, watch him or her grow -- Yeah, the tears are going to flow.
Unless the father in question deserved to kick the bucket, and the kid is better off. Such a variation has played out on TV before. However, for many of these TV dads, their kids, and audiences, it was tragic to witness these fathers losing their lives when they had so much to live for.
1. Derek Shepherd - Grey's Anatomy
2. Rhaegar Targaryen - Game of Thrones
3. William Walker - Brothers & Sisters
4. Glenn Rhee - The Walking Dead
5. Rance Burgess - Firefly
6. Lance Sweets - Bones
Wait! There's more TV Dads Who Didn't Live Long Enough To Meet Their Child! Just click "Next" below:Next
- Multi-Show, Photo Galleries
- Grey's Anatomy, Bones, Brothers & Sisters, Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, One Tree Hill, The Walking Dead, Riverdale, Lost, Firefly
- CBS, Disney Channel, NBC
- Related Photos:
- Multi-Show Slideshows, Photo Galleries Slideshows, Grey's Anatomy Slideshows, Bones Slideshows, Brothers & Sisters Slideshows, Downton Abbey Slideshows, Game of Thrones Slideshows, CBS Slideshows, One Tree Hill Slideshows, The Walking Dead Slideshows, Riverdale Slideshows, Lost Slideshows, Disney Channel Slideshows, Firefly Slideshows, NBC Slideshows
- Related Posts:
- Created by:
- Becca Newton