American Idol Download Sales
Courtesy of USA Today, here's a look at how American Idols are faring in terms of downloaded albums on the charts...
- Daughtry drops from number-22 to 23, selling 28,000, down 12%, with a total of 2.91 million.Â His two hit singles are still on the digital songs chart, Home moving 32-31 despite a 13% sales drop (it was a mediocre digital track sales week as well), and totaling 876,000; and It's Not Over falling 72-77 after selling 12,000, down 15%, with a total of 1.39 million.
- Carrie Underwood drops 26-29 on the chart, selling 23,000, an 11% drop, for a total of 5.77 million, around 30,000 shy of Kelly Clarkson's mark.Â She's down to two songs on the digital chart: Before He Cheats, 24-26, 29,000, off 16%, total 1.62 million; and Wasted, 161-180, about 6,000, off 13%, total 359,000. Jesus, Take the Wheel falls off the chart.
- Elliott Yamin takes a dive on the album chart, 59-77, selling around 9,000 copies, down 26%. His total is 315,000. But Wait for You is the highest-charting digital track this week, climbing 23-22 despite a 6% sales drop to 32,000. The song has sold 392,000 to date.
- Bucky Covington holds his own at 81 on the album chart, selling a little less than 9,000, a 6% drop, with a total of 214,000. A Different World takes a big jump on the track chart, 131-115, but that's more a consequence of the weak sales tallies for the week than anything else, as he sells the same slightly less than 8,000 amount as the previous week. Total for the track is 115,000.
- Fantasia drops 126-130 on the album chart, selling in the 6,000 range, down by 4%, with a total of 437,000. Single When I See U rebounds hugely on the track chart, 185-152, and gains 5% in sales, up to midway between 6,000 and 7,000. Total is 99,000.
- Kellie Pickler is the last Idol on the album chart, but drops 136-157 to endanger that status, selling a bit less than 5,000, a 10% drop. She's sold 580,000 so far. Her I Wonder stays even on the track chart, 146-146, but drops 8% in sales down to the mid-6,000s