Grey's Anatomy Review: "Hook, Line and Sinner"
Last night Grey's Anatomy returned following a three week long hiatus - and we must say we weren't that impressed with the episode!
Okay, so we know that not every episode will be filled with crazy drama between the main characters (especially since we're winding down the season), but we just expected more!
"Hook, Line and Sinner" did provide at least a little closure for Sloan's situation with his daughter and grandson. Throughout the entire episode we weren't sure if Sloane would give him away or not - but we have to say, we were a bit sad that the baby won't be around.
We know that Sloane's choice to give him away makes the most sense logically, we just loved the idea of Sloan having a baby!
There are still so many loose ends to tie up before the season finale. Here are a few of our ideas on what will happen:
- Arizona and Callie are going to break up. Arizona pretty much made it clear to Callie that she doesn't - and will never - want children. The scene where Callie tries to pretend that she is okay with never having kids is really heart breaking. We think that this is bigger than religion in deal breakers. Do you think they can overcome this huge obstacle?
- Owen, Cristina, and Teddy are going to have a three-some. JUST KIDDING! Seriously though, it is pretty clear that Owen is starting to realize his feelings for Teddy are stronger than just feelings of friendship. The question is would Owen cheat on Cristina or break up with her to be with Teddy? We doubt it. We think that this is the couple that will surprise us all and last!
- Alex and Lexie are going to continue their situation until next season. The way that Alex looked at Lexie while she was sleeping clearly shows that he has feelings for her. That doesn't mean he will stand outside her window with a boom-box playing the song In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel anytime soon. Alex still has plenty of Izzie baggage that he needs to work out before hopping into another relationship - and really, the same goes for Lexie and her Sloan baggage.
- Sloan and Callie are going to get back together. Yeah we know that this is coming from left field, but the way she held his hand as his grandson was being taken away really shows how much she cares for him - and they do have really great sexual chemistry! Wouldn't it be something is she did a Lindsay and went back to men?
- Meredith will be preggo with Derek's baby! Yes and almost all of Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital will be ecstatic - almost all except...April.
- April is going to be the game changer. Shonda has definitely given us plenty to think about with the upcoming season finale. We think that April will continue to be uber creepy up until the season finale. Meredith will even warn Derek about how crazy she thinks April is - and Derek will shrug off the warnings saying that April is normal and fine. April will then do something to harm Meredith and Meredith will lose her baby. This will cause a huge strain on their marriage and Meredith may not be able to forgive Derek for not doing something sooner about his fatal attraction.
Okay so these are our ideas on what will transpire in the upcoming episodes. One part that we wished this week's episode showed more of is Bailey's blossoming relationship with Ben! He is super cute and we love seeing Bailey get all nervous and happy about him.
What did you think about last night's episode?
View Poll »
Was it all you wanted it to be? How do you see each of our beloved characters ending this season? Follow the jump for a few of our favorite Grey's Anatomy quotes from last night!
Meredith: As doctors we have an arsenal of weapons after any. Antibiotics to kill infections. Narcotics to fight pain. Scalpels and retractors to remove tumors and cancers - to eradicate the threat. But just the physical threat, for every other threat - you are on your own. | permalink
Bailey: You are probably not wrong you are probably right. Why do you want to hand your big save over to Kraev who will walk around this hospital like he put it together? You are handing your power over to a boy because he is giving you sex.
Lexie: I'm not - I'm...
Bailey: I'm Dr. Bailey and I know everything. | permalink
Meredith: I shave my legs - sometimes. | permalink
Cristina: I'm a cardiothoracic whore. | permalink
Sloan: You're my kid and I am so happy that I get to know you Sloan. I am so happy about that. | permalink
Arizona: I'm going to say this once. And then I am not going to say it again. I'm not broken. I'm not some psychodrama. My lack in interest in not having a child is not some pathology that you can pat yourself on the back for having diagnosed. I like my life. I like it the way it is and I don't want it to change. I thought I liked it with you in it. I hope I am not wrong. | permalink
Cristina: Wow! It looks like you barely operated at all. It's perfect.
Evans: Well that is the goal Dr. Yang. That is the goal. | permalink
Callie: No it doesn't make any sense. Everyone wants kids and you of all people wear roller skates for shoes, I don't get it.
Arizona: You know what I don't know. Maybe there's something wrong with me. Because its not natural, its not womanly, maybe I am cold and heartless and dead inside.
Callie: I am not saying that.
Arizona: Yeah, but you are. | permalink