The first week of performances on Dancing With the Stars yielded some entertaining moments and a few surprises. Mostly, though, the contestants fared about how you might expect.
Token senior citizen Florence Henderson gave it her best. As did the Hoff, whose heart is in the right place but whose body is old. As pro athletes, Rick Fox and Kurt Warner hung tough.
Kyle Massey was a surprise member of the top tier along with favorites Jennifer Grey and Brandy, while The Situation and Bristol Palin generated a lot of press, but not too many points.
The Season 11 cast of Dancing with the Stars celebrates a terrific opening night.
Some of the highlights were getting to know the cast members in their pre-taped segments, allowing us to catch up on what people like Michael Bolton have been up to lately.
While this may not be the most talented cast ever, it's certainly one of the most eclectic. Did you ever think you'd see some of these people mentioned in the same article?
The scores were all fairly average last night, with the couples cha cha cha-ing their way to 15s (tie for last) and 24 (alone at the top). Who fell where was fairly predictable.
The first week's scores, in ascending order ...
- The Situation and Karina Smirnoff: 15
- Margaret Cho and Louis Van Amstel: 15
- David Hasselhoff and Kym Johnson: 15
- Michael Bolton and Chelsie Hightower: 16
- Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas: 18
- Florence Henderson and Corky Ballas: 18
- Kurt Warner and Anna Trebunskaya: 19
- Audrina Patridge and Tony Dovolani: 19
- Rick Fox and Cheryl Burke: 22
- Kyle Massey and Lacey Schwimmer: 23
- Brandy and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 23
- Jennifer Grey and Derek Hough: 24
As for who's going home, you gotta figure with the hype surrounding The Situation, he'll last at least another week. Same with Bristol and probably the Hoff. Does that mean Bolton and Cho are on the chopping block? It's unpredictable, but that would be our guess.
Who do you think should go home, and who do you want to win?
Want more Dancing With the Stars?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!