What the heck is going on with the big Fae war? Is it coming? Or, is it a Faery tale?
Okay, I'm sure it's going to develop soon, but tonight's "School's Out" didn't provide any insight into the war or how they are going to stop it.
While this episode had quite a few important individual moments, overall, it was lackluster. The show excels when it focuses more on the Fae world and happenings. The investigation had a Fae culprit, but mostly didn't revolve around that world.
Even though the case wasn't all that compelling, there was movement in the relationships. Lauren and Nadia returned from their trip to the lake. Initially they seemed to be as in love as ever, but it turned awkward when Bo showed up. Later, Lauren pushed Nadia away to instead do work for Bo's case. Though, later they did hook up, so their status is rather unclear.
Lauren is in a difficult position. Her comatose girlfriend awoke like nothing had happened in all the years she was unconscious and Lauren has hidden the truth about that time from her. Unfortunately, both are pretending to to other that everything is fine and that does not bode well for a continued, successful partnership.
I wish Lauren would be more forthcoming with those in her life. She did apologize to Bo, but that was a bit awkward. Hasn't she learned that withholding the truth will just hurt those she cares about? Nadia is eventually going to figure out about both Lauren's agreement with The Ash and feelings for Bo.
In the meantime, Nadia is investigating on her own and that can't end well. If something happens to Nadia because of Lauren's silence that will be difficult for the doctor to overcome.
Since Bo can't be with either Lauren or Dyson, she has remained with Ryan. I say that because Bo would easily choose either Lauren or Dyson over Ryan in a second. Yes, he is Dark Fae, but he's fun and sexy. I enjoy the two of them together, though I don't expect it will last long. Sooner rather than later, Ryan will do something that Bo just can't overlook and will reject him.
Ryan has been integral to Bo's introduction to the Fae world. The Dark versus Light divide isn't simply evil versus good and that's a lesson she needs to learn. Unfortunately, it has come at a great cost. Bo is lying to Kenzi and Bo will pay for that. Just as Lauren should open up, so should Bo. The truth may hurt at first, but it's better than being lied to or kept from it.
The secrets are going to end up blowing up. Let's hope this isn't the negative energy that the Garuda need to regain their strength.
Odds and Ends
- Seriously, Bo, what were you thinking with that outfit? How could any students concentrate, boys or girls, with you in that outfit? Hot stuff!
- Kenzi referring to Dyson as "Snoopy" -- hilarious!
- Dyson may be the worst guidance counselor ever.
- Dyson's concern and reaction to Ryan was honest, but so was Bo's answer. It's not his decision. Her forcefulness was perfect.
- How many times has Kenzi been Fae-infected? Seriously ... she is prone to being the target. At least, she has been cured each time with little or no lasting repercussions.
- The school dance decorations that Ryan put together for Bo were very cute. Nice move, Ryan. So charming. How could Bo turn that down?
- Why did Nadia focus on Lauren's necklace? Does she know about The Ash? Why would she be so concerned with a piece of jewelry?
Want more Lost Girl?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!