Emily Thorne Quotes
[to Aiden] No more distractions.
- Permalink: No more distractions.
Emily: I wanted to tell him the truth. He deserves that.
Nolan: Someday, maybe. Right now, regardless of how he feels, you can't take Amanda away from him again.
- Permalink: I wanted to tell him the truth. He deserves that. Someday, may...
Death is a thief. It takes and keeps all that a person is, the person was. And when death takes from us someone as extraordinary as Amanda, it takes with it not just her past, but who she was to us every day. Amanda was special but she never had it easy. A childhood torn from her. A rough adolescence, and a damning identity that was thrust upon her which she bore with dignity until she made herself a new name, Amanda Porter. A name that was her own. Free from the binds of history, looking forward with a man who loved her for all of her strengths and all of her weaknesses. Amanda, all of us here today have embraced you, and we love you. We will protect the husband and child that you leave behind, the sister that you were just getting to know, and we will greet every new day as a gift, approaching it with the same bravery and determination with which you lived your entire life.
- Permalink: Death is a thief. It takes and keeps all that a person is, the p...
[to Nolan] The Graysons are behind all of this. And they're going to pay.
- Permalink: The Graysons are behind all of this. And they're going to pay.
Nolan: As far as me sticking by your side, I think you know by now I'm not going anywhere.
Emily: Then don't ever tell me to let go, or to ease up, or to forgive. Not when I'm standing here covered in the blood of one of the only people that I ever loved.
- Permalink: As far as me sticking by your side, I think you know by now I'm ...
In its purest form, an act of retribution provides symmetry, the rendering of payment for crimes against the innocent. but the danger of retaliation lies in furthering the cycle of violence. Still, it's a risk that must be met when the greater offense is to allow the guilty to go unpunished.
- Permalink: In its purest form, an act of retribution provides symmetry, the...
Sacrifice demands the surrender of things we cherish above all else. Only out of the agony of those losses can a new resolution be born. An undying devotion to a cause greater than one's self. And a moral duty to see a journey through to its absolute completion.
- Permalink: Sacrifice demands the surrender of things we cherish above all e...
Emily: Oh my god, I'm so sorry.
Amanda: Don't be. You've given me the one thing I never thought I'd have. A real family.
- Permalink: Oh my god, I'm so sorry. Don't be. You've given me the one thi...
Nate: Who are you?
Emily: You'll never know.
- Permalink: Who are you? You'll never know.